SAU Community

Police Misbehaviour?

The Force: Behind The Line last night 12/2/12

Did I witness Police Misbehaviour or...

was it just kind heartedness?

Scenario:- A young guy named Josh gets pulled over by cops for a check.

1) He's driving his Dad's BMW 335i probably without permission, (although he denied it). His Dad's overseas.

2) He's a P1 driver with no plates displayed

3) He's driving a car prohibited for P drivers being a turbo. He denies knowing that the 335i is turbo'd

4) The car's insurance is null and void

5) The CTP insurance (in case he injured you or me) is null and void

...and he gets let off with just a caution > his mother has to pick up the car > he opens the boot to pick up the skateboard & skates off

I'm not even sure if he was carrying his licence.

How many of you, even if you were as polite as Josh, would have got away with just a caution? >_<

Oh yes, I've been reminded now that the police did a check because the car was unregistered.

So the father didn't get pinged...

Josh didn't get pinged...

Go Figure. :whistling:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a general complaint here:

Driving down a main road in Sydney's north west. See a mobile breathaliser setup. It's at night so it's already dark. The cop who is indicating to the oncoming cars decides to wave his light baton (or whatever it is) in a front to back motion (e.g. motioning from from straight ahead to behind him). To my GF and I, the motion was indicating he wanted us to continue straight (seems logical that motioning from front to rear means continue through yeah?). Last minute he decided to wave his wand from left to right, indicating that he wanted us to do a breath test. By now I was already quite close to him and had to slam the brakes. He gave us the obligatory greasy.

So I told his mate, the one who was holding the breathaliser, that he should tell his friend that he's singalling cars incorrectly. I explained that a front-to-back motion indicates to a driver that they should continue to drive straight and not pull into the RBT. Of course, the cop with the breathaliser wanted none of my argument and would not concede that his partner was going about signalling to drivers in a totally incorrect manner. Despite repeated attempts to convince him, he still wouldn't listen. In the end he asked for my license and he was clealry annoyed that there was nothing that he could book me with.

Cops can be real wankers at times.

[/end rant]

When my car was stolen, and me doing everything i can to help recover my car went to the police station to provide leads.

I had photographic evidence that those wheels were off my car. stock 32R wheels with different tyres front and back. With the gutter rash in the same spot. But I was told that, they can't just go on my hunch, and even if they could, they were too busy.

The attitude, was terrible.

yeah i remember you telling me that back when it happened mang, would have so firebombed the place selling those rims if iw as you.

wait is this a public area of the forum?:whistling:

Saw that episode of the 'Force' too Terrry, i also remember thinking how nice it was of them to let that kid go, he clearly was shitting bricks that his dad would find out about him 'borrowing' the car, im assuming he will be grounded big time when daddy gets home..or his $300 a week allowance halved. Poor little munchkin.

Now if only the police were a little more consistent with thier largesse..

Just a general complaint here:

Driving down a main road in Sydney's north west. See a mobile breathaliser setup. It's at night so it's already dark. The cop who is indicating to the oncoming cars decides to wave his light baton (or whatever it is) in a front to back motion (e.g. motioning from from straight ahead to behind him). To my GF and I, the motion was indicating he wanted us to continue straight (seems logical that motioning from front to rear means continue through yeah?). Last minute he decided to wave his wand from left to right, indicating that he wanted us to do a breath test. By now I was already quite close to him and had to slam the brakes. He gave us the obligatory greasy.

So I told his mate, the one who was holding the breathaliser, that he should tell his friend that he's singalling cars incorrectly. I explained that a front-to-back motion indicates to a driver that they should continue to drive straight and not pull into the RBT. Of course, the cop with the breathaliser wanted none of my argument and would not concede that his partner was going about signalling to drivers in a totally incorrect manner. Despite repeated attempts to convince him, he still wouldn't listen. In the end he asked for my license and he was clealry annoyed that there was nothing that he could book me with.

Cops can be real wankers at times.

[/end rant]

so you were basically having a go at a cop, then wonder why he was getting annoyed with you? sure cops can be wankers but to me you come across as a bit of a jerk in that situation as well.

so you were basically having a go at a cop, then wonder why he was getting annoyed with you? sure cops can be wankers but to me you come across as a bit of a jerk in that situation as well.

A jerk because I was pointing out that the cop who was signalling was doing so in a manner that was confusing and could have potentially resulted in him being run over? Hardly. If you're doing something that involves me in some way and I think it's dangerous I'm going to let you know whether you like it or not.

yes but to continue on about it after he clearly doesn't give a shit. i bet if he had then asked you to pop the bonnet you would've gotten all upset about that and claimed that it was for no reason or he was simply trying to find a reason to book you with you doing nothing to provoke him.

No I was fully aware he was annoyed at me not agreeing that he was right. I wasn't upset about the fact he got annoyed with me. I was upset about the fact he wouldn't admit his friend was signalling in an incorrect, confusing and potentially dangerous manner. Therefore the point of my initial post was to point out how arrogant cops can be even when they're in the wrong.

And with that we'll call and end to this discussion. There are other things to post about.

Therefore the point of my initial post was to point out how arrogant cops can be even when they're in the wrong.

RBT's must be the ultimate power trip.

Returning late home last December, turned onto our country road and at the most ridiculous spot on a curve, here's a cop car with the lights flashing.

Thought there must be an accident but no, 2-officers were conducting RBT's.

Nowhere to pull over, no shoulder just a massive grader cut drain in the water table.

So I'm sitting on the road and blowing in the gadget, me facing one way and him facing the other.

When we're done, I said that he was not visible (driving against his headlights) until we were almost on him, the only clue being his flashing lights reflecting in the trees.

I also told him that the B double milk tanker which services our farms would not stop as quickly as our Commo did from the 80k speed limit.

He asked me to move on, no thanks, no brains.

No glass there next day, guess i worried over nothing.