SAU Community

Visiting Sydney...

Melly

Hey all,

For 4 days a week between Jan 15th and March 1st 2012 I will be in Sydney doing a massage course, the campus is in st leonards and am trying to work out accomodation around that area, if anyone is willing to let me board with them or house sit or knows of cheap (since I am a student) accomodation please let me know :-)

Cheers,

Melly

Matty, it's funny that you assume Mel's a troll when she has been on the forums longer than you and has more posts... :blink: :blink:

Mel, are you gonna have a car with you when you head up? It might make it easier to find somewhere to stay if you have wheels and access to parking during the day while you're doing the course.

Hey Nick, yeah I am driving up but I don't know Sydney very well so freaking out about having to drive and navigate around at peak hour etc. I was even thinking staying somewhere I can leave my car during the day and train it to St Leonards. Class is 9-4 so would be busy driving times I think... All the hotels etc. that I can book at looked to be around the $600 per week mark :/

Lol... Not to mention the amount of times I am lazy and post under Zane's account :whistling:

Edited by Melly

Public transport is your best bet unless you can stay somewhere beyond the bridge or else you will be taxed by the troll on the way back into Sydney from St Leonards.

Thanks Andrew, like I said I don't know Sydney very well so that is a good tip, I didn't even think of the tolls etc... I usually get to Quakers hill area for Motorkhanas or Texi and eastern creek for superlap, drifting etc. and that is my limit :P

If you walk into RNSH bleeding they give you a free bed. :P

Funny how Melb has one of the best Chiro Colleges and St Leonards has one of the Best Massage Courses.

One of my colleagues (a naturopath) used to lecture at St Leonards; I'll ask her where she stayed whilst her home is in Blackheath.

Matty, it's funny that you assume Mel's a troll when she has been on the forums longer than you and has more posts... :blink: :blink:

Mel, are you gonna have a car with you when you head up? It might make it easier to find somewhere to stay if you have wheels and access to parking during the day while you're doing the course.

Yea I didn't look at her profile... I kinda jumped the gun abit there :P

Sorry Mel xD

Btw if I was u I would avoid public transport, just buy a cheap nav man and you'll be right.

Hey Terry thanks!

Luna are there even any gumtrees in the city?? Lol

I have a Nav man, still a bit nervous about driving in the city and the tolls etc. At least with public transport I have a ROUGH indication or how long it will take lol. Tracks, highways, motorkhanas I am fine, navigating in traffic makes me nervous its taken me almost 3 yrs to get used to Canberra let alone Sydney haha

um not much room at my inn other than a couch/air bed in lounge room. Surry hills.

parking is on street too ::closedeyes:

on the other hand if your looking for any volunteers for the massage course as um....test subjects..

:banana:

LOL i aint rising to the bait guys though i gotta admit i can see one rather busy 'establishment' from my balcony. Never been tempted to cross the threshold though seeing as all the workers are males, dont get too excited though girls. Most of the customers seem to be male as well. Very confusing.

The other five or six places are at least a block away so i wouldnt say your exactly stumbling over them and im pretty sure a massage is the last thing anyone is getting in those places. The last time i paid for a massage was on a trip to Thailand and no it didnt end happily at all, quite painfully actually! Swedish style FTW