SAU Community

How Much Is A R34 Gtr Vpec2 Worth Selling?

perzn_34

Or price it reasonably and sell it in a week.

Stuffing around for 4-5 months trying to sell an import for that extra '3-4k' just isn't worth the hassle in many instances. 100's of questions, tyre kickers and time wasters.

+1

as recent buyer i can say this much

most R34 GTR for sale's are more dreaming than real

few calls to owners as a genuine buyer will see how much they come down... makes you wonder that if they start with a reasonable price to begin with... it would be much less of a hazel

also agree the fact that all depends on the demand... if they are 4 Nur for sale at the same time "wishful thinking i know" the price will come down as well. End of the day asking 40K - 50K

for 10 year old Jap performance car is !!!!! not easy

anyway my estimate for your car

62.5K advertise Price but willing to negotiate 60.5K for genuine buyer for reasonably quick sale

Assumption - you can proof low KM and don't start with the "it's got NIsmo dash with 15K crap please" :)

Yeah people drop 5k almost as soon as they pickup the phone as they are so desperate. Sometimes even more as people simply think R34 GTRs are worth a fortune when realistically you can get them landed here now for under 40k... Begs the question why a owner of a vspecII thinks its worth a 20k premium (as IMO, it simply isn't!)

Some R34 GTR's have been on sale here for 5-6 months now, people are desperate too.

If they started off with a more realistic price to begin with they'd have been sold aaaages ago. Too many people get caught in this trap and end up wasting time, money and taking a lower offer than they initially intended.

Price it for what you would sell it for straight up. Generate the right interest from the start = boom sold car.

The other issue is, people see a car for sale for so on - and wonder why. Perhaps is there an issue etc etc.

Same could be said for a car that is "too cheap" in terms of pricing, but thats what pre-purchase checks/inspections are for.

yeah the ones that are on carsales have been there for 6 months at least

the silver one at 42k has been there for agessssssssssssssssss

the main diff over vspec and normal that you can't easily change is the different diff computer in the attesa system

i think the MFD change is nothing earth shattering and the rest is moot unless your on track duties non stop

Interesting thread, i bought mine for 65k almost 3 years ago when the yen was high with log books and 22k on the clock. When the yen dropped, i has a legit offer of 69k but wasnt ready to sell yet

Im not ready to sell today but if i did, would put 65k but be negotiable as most owners are.

Way i think is: buy new car, car depreciates alot in a few years; rarer cars like vs2's and nurs will hold value longer and only enthusiasts with cash to spend will be looking for the best example.

anyways, just my opinion

-Johnny

Besides, to make a base model R34 GTR to level up to the V-Spec / V-Spec II, won't take much.

A few cosmetic changes + the MFD, suspension mods and you're pretty much done.

There is nearly 10K in just the mods you have described right there. I say 10K because who buys 2nd hand parts for their car if they really like it (not me). Besides all the low to the ground parts take a hiding, so 2nd hand usually means stuffed and ready to throw away.

Vspec lip, splitter and splitter rear tray. $2500 easy.

Diffuser $4K

MFD2 upgrade $1500 (because you dont want to have a crappy 1999 screen on it and end up rebuilding the whole MDF... yes I have done this)

Personally I'd prefer to buy a car with light "support" mods over a stock one, provided they are all big brands like nismo/trust/ganador etc.

I'll also say that the vspecs do drive a little differently to the non-vspec r34's as well. The steering is lighter on the vspecs. Instrumentation is a little different too, with the tacho being logrithmic and not linear like the non-vspecs.

The mechanical and electronic differences in the attessa and active LSD can be felt too when you get the cars sideways.... but i digress... Long story short. A non-vspec will never be a vspec, nor alone a spec 2.

My thoughts... $60 for a good one, $65+ if its mint and <25,000km.

There is nearly 10K in just the mods you have described right there. I say 10K because who buys 2nd hand parts for their car if they really like it (not me). Besides all the low to the ground parts take a hiding, so 2nd hand usually means stuffed and ready to throw away.

Vspec lip, splitter and splitter rear tray. $2500 easy.

Diffuser $4K

MFD2 upgrade $1500 (because you dont want to have a crappy 1999 screen on it and end up rebuilding the whole MDF... yes I have done this)

Personally I'd prefer to buy a car with light "support" mods over a stock one, provided they are all big brands like nismo/trust/ganador etc.

I'll also say that the vspecs do drive a little differently to the non-vspec r34's as well. The steering is lighter on the vspecs. Instrumentation is a little different too, with the tacho being logrithmic and not linear like the non-vspecs.

The mechanical and electronic differences in the attessa and active LSD can be felt too when you get the cars sideways.... but i digress... Long story short. A non-vspec will never be a vspec, nor alone a spec 2.

My thoughts... $60 for a good one, $65+ if its mint and <25,000km.

Yeah for sure.

But I didn't mention any thing about 2nd hand parts.

I too would have bought all brand new parts.

:)

Ye Micks @ $42k, i really wonder why it is still there.

Its probably the 100% legitimate KM's putting people off. Everyone wanting genuine "60,000kms" on an Import from a yard... lol :rolleyes:

yeah its one of the nicer one's

hasn't moved though and is still there