SAU Community

R34 Gt-T Factory Windows Too Dark/illegal (No Tint!)

Hey guys,

So yeah.. the cops have done a real good one on me and im struggling to find out what to do!!

Basicly, i got pulled over and the cop did a test and defected my car and said all my windows have to be 35% etc...

How on earth do i make my back/rear side windows legal when its the glass?? NONE OF MY WINDOWS ARE TINTED!!! do i have to rip out the windows and install brand new glass?

IF anyone can find me or give me the number of someone i can refer vic roads to.. it would be nice, i got a road worthy and everything and the are just saying all my windows need to be 70% i dont understand!! how did i get my car from jap cars with a road worthy if its illegal?

PS. im not a hoon... i got pulled over coming out of a service station.... the cop found my bleed valve which i fixed and whent to the epa but only defected me on windows... THAT ARENT TINTED!!

My front/passenger windows got tested and are fine, the rear windscreen and the rear side are the dark ones. None of it is tinted... i whent to the guy and said this is what happened can you remove the tint and he said its fine they arent tinted... but vicroads arent budging i need some proof or a contact of EDA.

are you 100% sure they aren't tinted? get a stanley knife and try making a cut in the corner of the glass (somewhere tucked away in the corner where it isn't visible easily. you may find that they are actually tinted. i honestly don't know though as i've never paid much attention.

having said that, from memory, it doesn't matter how dark the tint on the rear windows are, only the front windows.

are you 100% sure they aren't tinted? get a stanley knife and try making a cut in the corner of the glass (somewhere tucked away in the corner where it isn't visible easily. you may find that they are actually tinted. i honestly don't know though as i've never paid much attention.

having said that, from memory, it doesn't matter how dark the tint on the rear windows are, only the front windows.

yeah my mate has a 34 GT-T and its not tinted and the windows are clear as f**k!

shit has changed... its now all windows. i got defected for tint on the rear windows on an R31 wagon.. cop reckoned in the state of QLD all tint has to be TD25(iirc).

First thing i did when i got defected was try get the tint removed, i told vicroads they arent tinted its the glass and they said it doesnt matter its still too dark so im going to goto tint a car or something and get them to write me something up and ill goto a different vic roads and hopefully get someone with half a brain.

I called up a local nissan dealer and they said to goto tint a car or call nissan australia...... SIGH!

unfortunately the "it came like that standard" line doesn't always work, especially if it's an import. there was a guy with a nissan patrol ute who got booked because the number plate wasn't visible from 45 degrees in every direction because the stock location for it is a bit too far under the tray (stock tray). in the case of an import, they could simply say that it should've had new windows put in when it was complianced. not much you can really do about it other than either change the windows, or try telling them it's standard and hope for the best.

Yeah, believe it was an option at the time. My Stagea has privacy glass on everything behind the front windows too. If you can get something from Nissan stating this, and something from a tinting place saying that there is no tint on there, that it is the glass itself, you might get lucky and be let off for it.

White a4 piece of paper behind all the windows and look through. Any tinge and it'll be tinted.

They wouldn't get you for no tint. Big difference between no tint and illegal tint.

Just did the tint on my V35 today looks hot dont ask what % it is i dont know i told them to match the front to the back and gave them cash. If i get pulled over im putting both windows down

post-83784-0-38735300-1313047641_thumb.jpg

Edited by T4NK