SAU Community

Super Cars/euros Upstaged By The Dastun?

Silvia GTR

Meh. R35 is a great car. When I had mine I got plenty of unwanted attention at servos etc but this was 08-09 before the aus models were released. Its fast as he'll but has no where near the drama of even a gallardo (Audi or not their v10 sounds pretty nice). To be honest I'd be just as happy in and old countach (yes I have an 80s coke dealer complex and I also like linen suits), or give me a fcking diablo. That is a super car. I've drive the new gt40 snowy was talking about. Awesome looks, awesome sound but to me it felt a bit sloppy and boat like. Definitely a super car though. I still reckon an old diablo gets more looks than a r35 but who cares? If getting people to look at you is your thing just run around naked... Otherwise buy whatever car YOU like. Personally I want an f40 a diablo, a countach, a testarossa and a miura please (yes I have a 70s complex too).

You going through another Don Johnson/Miami Vice phase Baron?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You going through another Don Johnson/Miami Vice phase Baron?

yeah, also watched scarface too many times. and risky business. ok now I want a porsche 928 too.

as for you marlin, don't push it!

i knew you were cool! agree they are fking shit cars and be lucky to outrun a dual amputee in one but they do something to me.

sadly on my list of F40s/countach/diable the 928 is about the only one I can afford!

go tony montana!

i002587.jpg

Risky%20Business%20Tom%20Cruise%20Poster.jpg

I loved the design (the 928 was a car of many "firsts"), but the age of it let it down.

A mate had a very late 5.4 litre GTS I think it was, in red, and I still hanker after one just like it....... I know it would be a disappointment, but they're a future crassic :)

Is that a 924 station wagon? Looks like a z3 hard top lol.

Only 928 I drove was an automatic Hong Kong import one back in the late 90's. I remember doing a 0-100 time at 7 seconds lol, back then the hills area was mostly farmland. Yes it was extremely slow compared to today's standards and even when I drove one. But when they were first released they were actually pretty good cars compared to what else was on the market at the time. Although today a Mazda 3 is just as fast.

The 3.0L CSL is where it's REALLY at! :)

Years ago my father had a loan car from John Briggs cars whilst his was in their for some warranty work. The loaner was an M635Csi. What a fantastic car! Much, much better than I actually thought it would be. Not often something surpasses your expectations. :worship:

Yes, me too. But I'm fussy. Must be either a late 840CI or preferably the very last V12, the 850CSI :thumbsup:

We're sickos Baron.

for sure, 850 is the go. they are pretty cheap these days but the running costs! my god man the running costs! would make a GTR seem cheap to run.

and yes I'd like a 2002 but most of all a really neat, original E30 M3 EVO (later model with the bettter engine etc).

also totally agree we are sick, sick people. still if you're going to be stuck in a timewarp might as well make it an 80s/90s timewarp. there's barely a car I want to own that wasn't made in the 80s or 90s.

maclaren F1

F40

diablo

E30

etc etc.

even jap stuff was at it's best then and that goes for bikes too.