SAU Community

Super Cars/euros Upstaged By The Dastun?

Silvia GTR

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont see the appeal of Euro cars, there basically worse then any jap car but are twice the price. Its stupid how people think 'oh my car cost $500k so its better and I now am super cool', in actual fact its, 'oh wait i could have bought a car for 1/4 of the price, look better, handle better and not look like a tosser'. We have a Lambo gallardo at work at the moment and everyone said it was shit haha

I know a guy my age who bought a R8 and I just lol'd and so did most of the people that know him.

The fact is any euro will fall apart within 10 years when a jap car will still be considered new at that age, I still consider r34's pretty new, but you look at a 2000 Audi wtf lol

Porche are a bit different IMO as they actually make there cars for the drivers as apposed to the mass made VW's and Audi's.

Edited by eightsixboy

yeah carrera GT is ok...for a girls car (it's convertible after all so can never be that hardcore). their V10 is a piece of gear though. but still give me a maclaren F1 over that, or a Merc CLK GTR road version pls.

see what I mean about everyhing good from the 80s/90s. imagine tootling down to the maccas drive through in this bad more. more to the point I like to imagine rocking up to the nurburgring entry drive through in it...

1999_mercedes_clk_gtr_coupe_usine_02_m.jpg

mercedes-benz-clk-gtr-3.jpg

or if we want to talk nissan then give me an R390 road car. oh baby.

074.jpg

R390GT1street2.jpg

huge price difference bw a mac f1 and c gt - so yep give me a mac f1 too

the c gt is a modern day classic, porsche wont (if ever) do another supercar like that for a while, there is nolonger a market for it

it's a car to hang on to

being a convertible is irrelevant if the car was designed structurally from the ground up to be a roadster. But yes, chop the roof off a focus and im with ya on the hardcore thing

I dont see the appeal of Euro cars, there basically worse then any jap car but are twice the price. Its stupid how people think 'oh my car cost $500k so its better and I now am super cool', in actual fact its, 'oh wait i could have bought a car for 1/4 of the price, look better, handle better and not look like a tosser'. We have a Lambo gallardo at work at the moment and everyone said it was shit haha

I know a guy my age who bought a R8 and I just lol'd and so did most of the people that know him.

The fact is any euro will fall apart within 10 years when a jap car will still be considered new at that age, I still consider r34's pretty new, but you look at a 2000 Audi wtf lol

Porche are a bit different IMO as they actually make there cars for the drivers as apposed to the mass made VW's and Audi's.

agreed a big part of the appeal with super expensive euro cars is the wank factor

can no doubt account for 90% of new gallardo and f430/458 sales

but there are still car enthusiasts out there that have a mix of old and new in their collection and buy for the pedigree, history, engineering etc, some even see value in the mix of high quality leather, alcantara, carbon etc that jdm cars just dont have - the R35 has a vinyl dash and seats for 180K, when i jump into a more expensive euro it actually does feel more expensive

ive never been a fan of the r8, in either v8 or v10 guise, the looks are all personal opinion, but more importantly for me, audi's just never had that same allure or passion as the raging bull or prancing horse. it's a supercar on paper only

Edited by domino_z

I agree.... You have to realise though the general public frown on fast cars, but if you drive something stupidly expensive your an exception and bishes will want to eat "da poo poo"

Baron / Marlin

you guys have amazing taste! :thumbsup:

Don't forget this one..

http://pistonheads.c...les/2524553.htm

56074d1182124176-sexiest-cars-ever-your-opinion-jaguar-xj220-2.jpg

Fwiw, the last good looking ferrari was the F355. The 458 looks like a Peugeot on roids, with sticky outy tail lights..

If I wanted a stupid quick car, I'd just buy a 32GTR and spend crazy amounts of money on it... If i buy a "supercar", its to stand out, the driving experience etc.

Edited by 10 4

yeah the jag is hot. would look good next to my CLK GTR I reckon.

I also like the renault turbo 2. would love a nice one as a keeper.

seriously, what good has come out of the car world since the year 2000? practically nothin! 80s and 90s are where it's at. get me a hypercolour t-shirt and a stick on some quality 80s tunes and I'm sorted.

yeah baby!

0308_05z+1986_renault_r5_turbo2+front_left_view.jpg

80's and 90's ya say, easily my favorite era........ This was bad though. A shame! (do you know what it's from?)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYvHccHU6y82rRzva3LSNf04ssI4e50nMUPfT3ItM7mBFGdUdlyg

Whilst this had such great promise, even Schumacher had one, albeit in a truly appalling colour combo of blue/yellow from memory, but alas, as with many things in that era......

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd4CnQE8DNuM3kfeAdUaBhB8-JyprYWCmXuc7bKJJUrQAvYTuXyw

Fwiw, the last good looking ferrari was the F355. The 458 looks like a Peugeot on roids, with sticky outy tail lights..

F355 is my favourite Ferrari of all time, OF ALL TIME.

I feel like geetting in on this Euro wishlist thingy.

md_Ferrari_355_Berlinetta_-_profile_right_1_(Mornington,_Victoria,_14_Jun_09).JPG

355 Berlinetta

56coupe_01_f.jpg

356A

Mercedes-Benz-600_Pullman_Limousine_1964_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

600 Pulllman

80's and 90's ya say, easily my favorite era........ This was bad though. A shame! (do you know what it's from?)

http://t2.gstatic.co...3ItM7mBFGdUdlyg

Whilst this had such great promise, even Schumacher had one, albeit in a truly appalling colour combo of blue/yellow from memory, but alas, as with many things in that era......

http://t1.gstatic.co...bKJJUrQAvYTuXyw

Cizeta V16T :)

There was one parked like 2 houses up the street from a place my sister was stayig at a little while back. Red with black leather, parked on the street with the top down. Felt like jumping in and just feeling the awesome around me.