SAU Community

Super Cars/euros Upstaged By The Dastun?

Silvia GTR

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually buying some of those exotics posted isn't all that pricey.........the crippler is having to buy a flatbed truck and then pay someone to drive it and follow you around every time you go out for a drive!!!

:stupid: It's one thing to buy an exotic, another to live with it ;)

Edited by Iron Chef

Your standards are slipping gents.

werd. I started off with cool shit like diablo's and stuff and now we have some pullme thing and a 356 which i'm fairly certain is not in my golden era and also looks like a sleeker volkswagen beetle (not a compliment!).

ok, let's get things back on track.

Lamborghini-Diablo_SV_1996_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Lamborghini-Diablo_SV_1996_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

just to be difficult I want my diablo to be the SE30 with the sports pack (extra 75hp) which only a handful ever existed. it was the lightweight stripped out version but with 600hp... one day.

also, whilst on the topic of awesome 80s/90s cars can someone please stop fcking mr bean from buying maclaren F1s. he's now written off at least 2 that I know and if he buys another one i'm going to have to go take it off him. how the fk you can write off a maclaren F1 driving straight down a motorway is beyond me. perhaps if he had one girl on each side of him and was getting blown by one whilst simultaneously trying to do lines of coke of the others breasts I could perhaps see how things could get tangled and he might lose concentration for a moment but other than that there is just no excuse. in fact mid crash he should have dived out the window and thrown himself between the car and the pole to soften it's blow. selfish prick.

also to the quirky 80s/90s section lets add the Alfa Romeo Sprint Zagato (SZ, but not the RZ because convertibles are for women).

a bit quirky looking but something about them is just "so 90s" and tough. I'd have one. with open pipes to hear that lovely alfa 6 note.

L-Alfa-Romeo-SZ-2.jpg

they looked cool in race form too.

66475d1178990111-show-your-favorite-alfa-picture-1990_alfa_romeo_sz_cup_racer.jpg

and here's a better pic of the standard car (if you can call a zagato bodied alfa 'standard').

66476d1178990208-show-your-favorite-alfa-picture-ae_alfa_romeo_sz.jpg

btw another fav 80s car while we are talking alfa has to be the alfa GTV6.

66247d1178775045-show-your-favorite-alfa-picture-finn_gtv.jpg

and a GTV6 race car.

210137d1305604860-show-your-favorite-alfa-picture-tourdecourse.jpg

they made some beautiful cars even earlier too.

33tor3.jpg

33t2ec1.jpg

for those that don't know the alfa GTV6 is a pretty cool car. it was released in 81 and powered by a 2.5L V6 (beautiful engine) that put out about 160hp. sounds like nothing but at the time a porsche 924 were just over 100hp...

they were front engined but with a rear mounted transaxle (using what's called a de dion rear member) which gave a 50/50 weight distribution. they had other cool feautures like 4 wheel disc brakes with inboard rear disks (very cool), and were pretty rapid for their day.

they also made a 3L (potenziata) version and some rare twin turbo versions too that put out something like 240hp.

the 2.5 is a sweet donk though and can be fettled to make decent power.

check out that rear end and sexy inboard disks etc... pretty cool for a car made in 1980..

gtv6trans.gif

good work on the thread save Baron

...back when Porsche made cars for men (not old farts who drive around at 50km/h or Botoxed orange women in Cayennes etc)

1980+930S+Porsche+prototype1229822679.jpg

and some audi love... before they became all '3 sugars in my latte please'

0506ec_01z+1984_Audi_Sport_Quattro+Front_Passenger%20%20_Side_View.jpg