SAU Community

Lakeside 13 & 14 August

Roy

There'll be a million pics mate. Last year I managed to secure a spot on the friday prior (practice) and enjoyed some good door to door dicing with the Group A cars :) Was great fun, lots of smiles.

But as is the usual with my luck, the memory card was full during the best session. :(

Edited by Marlin

• 2 weeks later...

Was a great weekend. ive seen most of the cars from last year, but a few new ones come out to play. and some have improved and are better set up also. the norm beechey monaro is just insane, thunder. got lots of footage and pics too.

Come on Craig, mate, six figure car with $5 camera? All that time and money spent to enjoy an icon and to remember it all with sound quality like that...... is a shame.

Permanantly mount a V-Box or something high quality with muliple angles, decent sound, and map/date overlays would be more befitting.

I hope I don't sound harsh, but I'd like to watch the footage in full rather than turning sound off. :D

Come on Craig, mate, six figure car with $5 camera? All that time and money spent to enjoy an icon and to remember it all with sound quality like that...... is a shame.

Permanantly mount a V-Box or something high quality with muliple angles, decent sound, and map/date overlays would be more befitting.

I hope I don't sound harsh, but I'd like to watch the footage in full rather than turning sound off. :D

lol.....I haven't recieved the Camera for the in car yet.....hopefully on the weekend.....I'll post up some inside stuff...with good sound!

So were any Sierras running. I was hoping to get some shots of undercarriage. I got some pics of an Eggeneberger at Nurburgring as they were running in the Old Timers festival. Would be a dream to own an Aussie Grp A car and to take it to the festival. Lol wish I coud afford friends R31 :)

Yep, a couple of Sierras running....... in fact i saw the Peter Jackson liviered one parked on the back of an old truck up the road from my house on the saturday night, on a main road!...... they're game, because it was something like a mid 80's Ford Trader, and not a good one. I reckon you could have pulled the door open and used anything to turn the key! haha