SAU Community

Sau Chopper

GTR-N1

Just purchased this...

Helicopter002.jpg

Some footage taken by God_speed from the air appears to be pretty clear too! Shall post up footage later!

Helicopter003.jpg

* I just don't have a clue about how high the Chopper needs to be above a speeding track car before the updraught sends it out of control.

* It runs between 10-15mins before the Chopper needs to be recharged (which takes an hour). I'll have to get an Inverter for the car so that 12vDC > 240vAC for recharging.

* It takes a mini-SD card

PS I lost the Demo Chopper somewhere whilst trying it out - LOL > so I didn't have the heart not to buy a new one - LOL

A mate is into radio controlled heli's; the things you can do with some skill are amazing!

However the consequences for getting it wrong are pretty serious too!:whistling:

Looks good Terry. You'd actually find that the counter rotating models are much more stable in turbulent wind conditions. Besides I doubt you want to get close enough to a moving car both from a potential damage to the chopper, car and making the driver nervous.

I also fly RC heli's and the key to good video is A) really wide angle optics and B) slow panning/flying motion to try and keep the jitters out.

Hope to catch up with you soon for a demo :D

We've got three of those at work Terry... I fly them at least 3 - 4 times a week... They're awesome fun... LOL

As to wind turbulence, even the counter rotating ones have ALOT of problems with turbulence. Just the air draft from having air con previously switched on in a room is noticeable (The wind currents from hot to cold etc). It makes for some interesting flying... LOL (And I'd bet footage from the camera!)

thats pretty awesome terry, i thought u had the funds for an actual Bell 212 going by the thread title lol

and how do you 'lose' a Demo? sunk it nose first into the ground or literally never saw it again?

Thought you'd never ask Pat.

I'm so unco now (since I gave up the clarinet/sax) that with the left hand I sent 1 chopper into the commercial building's plumbing LOL and it fell on the floor. The 2nd one went way over yonder and into a tall open top container that you need a tall ladder to get into hahaaa.

With the camera it'll be cool. Matt, I'll take note of wind currents then eh?

Thought you'd never ask Pat.

I'm so unco now (since I gave up the clarinet/sax) that with the left hand I sent 1 chopper into the commercial building's plumbing LOL and it fell on the floor. The 2nd one went way over yonder and into a tall open top container that you need a tall ladder to get into hahaaa.

With the camera it'll be cool. Matt, I'll take note of wind currents then eh?

Nah, just bring a motion sickness tablet for the video afterwards! :P

i bought a thing called a Parrot AR Drone. its pretty cool, its got 4 propellers, 2 cameras (front and down) which feeds live video to your iphone (which you control it with). its pretty good fun.

i havent played with the quality settings yet but here are some simple screen shots off the control pad on my iphone from around 50m off the ground in one of them... its a pretty cool thing.

post-13452-0-90378000-1312896918_thumb.png post-13452-0-28504300-1312897128_thumb.png post-13452-0-97361200-1312897151_thumb.png

FOR SALE:-

1X Hawkspy Chopper

* Had 1 hour of flying time only

* Perfect condition as owner (who has crash experience) has not operated it yet

* Can go as high as 40m off the ground

* Useful for any 'kid' that's after a flying camera

REASON FOR SELLING:-

* Totally inferior to Parrot AR Drone as seen above

* To be traded in for Parrot AR Drone

* Not as manoeuvreable as Parrot AR Drone

* Won't go as high as Parrot AR Drone

* Doesn't have as many cameras as Parrot AR Drone

* Now I don't even know why I bought the Hawkspy Chopper

Thought it was a good thing at the time... :laugh:

The drone actually still only does 640 x 480 video. If you want that get one of those key fob video jobbies I used at the s-n-s.

There are also high capacity multi blade rigs like the AR Drone but heavier duty - but also tend to cost $$$.

I need to get off my duff and get my T-Rex 450 going with a GoPro.

dont forget the development of the AR drone is still early, im sure there will be upgraded cameras. they've already got an upgrade bearing/battery kit as well as on board recording via USB.