SAU Community

Brisbane/gold Coast Tuner Recomondations

tazzy

Hey guys after a tuner for my RB25/30 but there are to many to choose from... so if you could help me out and let me know who you used and who was helpful or who wasn't in a PM haha would be much appreciated..

Thanks SAU! cheers tas

101 motorsport in slacks creek, have done a great job on mine and a few mates cars.... they have just moved shops though and it appears they havent sorted the phone out yet/ updated the web site

erd at yatla - halfway between brisbane and gold coast

Use ERD at Yatala for any mechanical work, they can't do tuning however - No dyno.

I use EFI around the corner from ERD. Great guys who do phenomenal work.

EFI did a very good job on mine. Good power, Great response, Well behaved at traffic speeds and good on fuel. Most of the guys in the club use them and every one is happy.

Myself and about 10 of my friends all get our cars tuned at Matty Spry at PITS.

Never had a drama and cars always drive a lot better than they did before.

Another mate has had his RB26/30 tuned by Mark Jacobsen at Godzilla Motorsport and he did a good job also considering the car spends a lot of it's life near or on limiter and never had an issue until it spun a bearing. Going back there once it's rebuilt too for another tune. He runs a Vi-PEC which is Mark's preferred ECU as I understand.

GT Auto Garage has also been highly recommended to me by several people I know that are customers of theirs. I have a HKS F-CON V I have been thinking about running in my current car and they are the only place in QLD that can tune these and seem to have very good results with them.

They are basically the only 3 places I would consider in QLD.

Edited by «Cyph3r»

yeah i was thinking along the lines of EFI, or GT Auto Garage, Ive spoken to a few different people in the know and they have said the Autronic, or HKS fcon thanks heaps guys ill have a look at these 2 guys !!! and has any one run either of these 2 ECU's? and can give me any feed back on them...

Had a power fc tuned by Matt Spry at PITS a few years back for the rb25 180. It had heaps of running problems going in with a different plenum etc but ran beautifully when I got it back. Power everywhere and perfect manners around town. I could not believe the difference and how nice it was to drive.

Also had Dyson Rotary from near Harbour Town run up a Microtech tune on the same car later with bigger turbo & fuel system after the power fc got stolen :( and that went fairly well too believe it or not. It was a bit more hairy around town and at partial, but the Microtech's are more like that anyway plus it was it was in a more advanced state of tune too so not a fair comparison.

There are actually quite a few good tuners around this area which is lucky...

EFI did a very good job on mine. Good power, Great response, Well behaved at traffic speeds and good on fuel. Most of the guys in the club use them and every one is happy.

+1 EFI are the best!!!

Don't forget Mercury Motorsport in Brissy too :) I'm a very happy customer of their's & they have a very good tuner .

Edited by Tweaky