SAU Community

Help Plz R34 Gtr Vspec

hi guys im new to skylines australia so here it gose i brought a r34 gtr vspec on the weekend a 99 model with 56000km on her so i took her for a drive and all went well but i took the car for a very long drive i notice the turbos had a does and the blow off valves werent relesin but i got that fixed...

now i went to work the drive was fine on the way home i gave it a boot and white smoke came out of the exhaust alot i say it dosnt blow smoke on idel or free reving just under boost i pulled the air filters off and it the front pipes of the turbos there was oil and in the intercooler pipes alot of it say 300ml just wondering what to do if any1 thinks its turbos or bottom end or head im un sure its only white smoke not blue so i asume its turbos thanks for reading and look forward to the replies thanks daniel

PS if it is the turbo's what is your apinion what to upgrade to gt2860 or hks ss or trust t517z or go a single let me know what you have done to ur car also mine has a tripple plate hks clutch hks 3" dumps into 4" exhaust coil overs thats all thanks alot guys

i think it dose but im in gold coast also i checked the turbos have alsot of sharft play if i clean out all the intercooler and pipes and turbos and hook a catch can up to the rocker cover & if the catch can fills up that would mean the engine is that right?? and if it dosnt it will mean the turbos

It could be anything from a blocked crancase breather to a completely farked engine.

If it's from a car yard, is there a statutory warranty applicable?

Mate if its got warranty use the warranty and dont touch anythign yourself....All you might do is stuff yourself over with the warranty.

The company should nominate a workshop for you to take it too and get them to fix it completely. Also note everything down thats wrong, when you called them etc etc

You bought from Sydney but you are on Gold Coast making it too difficult to return the car for warranty?

You need to take it to a mechanic who is familiar with Skylines.

He shouldnt do this ATM...it will void his warranty. He should contact the place purchased and ask what they want him to do... They will hopefully nominate a workshop uphere for him to take it too.... ALthough this may seem like the shit option. It means that his warranty will be honoured and it could save him thousands (possibly ten thousand if the motors dead).

I would use the warranty and remove your name and other personal details from this thread just in case the dealer is on here and voids it.

We all know you just checked a few things and cleaned, you didnt screw with anything so maybe get a moderator to remove some details of where you got it from?

All the best mate

hi guys they dont want a bar of it they think i wound the boost up and blew i as i know i didnt were should i go from here i have taken it to nissan they checked it all out they said engine is all good but the turbos need replacing what turbos would you recomend thanks alot guys for your help sorry about the hasstle

sucks to hear mate, i dont think warranties cover wear and tear parts like turbos. Plenty of threads on here about turbo upgrades, if your like me and want a nice streeter then just get yours rebuilt from a company like gcg or gt-ss or 2860-7.

do a quick search and u will find more info then you can read.

cheers mate

yer thanks i found a brand new set of Genuine garret 2871r dash 10 turbo's with acuators for $2400 are they any good or to laggy just wondering i also have a arvc in it will i need a power fc for this turbo upgrade or just my standed stuff with arvc thanks alot guys for your help

yer thanks i found a brand new set of Genuine garret 2871r dash 10 turbo's with acuators for $2400 are they any good or to laggy just wondering i also have a arvc in it will i need a power fc for this turbo upgrade or just my standed stuff with arvc thanks alot guys for your help

sucks to hear mate, i dont think warranties cover wear and tear parts like turbos. Plenty of threads on here about turbo upgrades, if your like me and want a nice streeter then just get yours rebuilt from a company like gcg or gt-ss or 2860-7.

do a quick search and u will find more info then you can read.

cheers mate

u want (-9 or -7) if u happy to run around 300-320kw without forging ya motor

-10 is not suitable as its very laggy on 26

as a fellow R34 GTR owner and member of SAU QLD, i can not recommend highly enough Dan from ERD

he has done LOT of GTR's and is a Top bloke, who does not over charge jus cos it GTR ... believe me i know !!

I would say just take the car to ERD "not too far from GC anyway" and get his professional opinion

ERD - http://www.erd.com.au/

C,

Kushil