SAU Community

Introducing R34 Gt-T

tmumf

Hi all.

just wanted to introduce myself and my new 98 R34 S1 GT-T.

ive been hanging round cars for quite some time.

i used to own a 73' Celica TA22 - which i put a 4a-ge bigport in (with exhaust etc etc).

i used to stop around toymods quite a bit prior to this.

now i own a skyline with a 3" blitz turbo back exhaust, pod and turned up turbo (r32 solenoid??)

fuel efficiency is horrible on this thing, i think its the lack of tune - so i plan on returning the airbox and removing the pod (putting a nice panel filter in there), and putting on a return flow FMIC on the front.

shortly after that, throwing a nistune in there and getting it turned asap!

i dont want any attention from the cops therefore im quietening down my exhaust (which is too loud atm). i plan on replacing the cannon to a nice oval muffler and having twin tips.

question: if i have twin tips facing down, will this quieten the sound coming out of the car (ie. sound is logarithmic, and based on intensity (3dB is a double in intensity) - so therefore if the sound is directional (ie. throwing straight at the microphone from a cannon, surely hitting the ground / dissapating) would quieten it down.

is there a legal limit to how far it points down?? i had a talk to a fella at daalder exhausts in box hill, he wasnt on the same page i was on - suggested a whole new exhaust.

i dont have boost controllers / turbo timers or none of that crap and i drive it responsibly, giving it the occasional squirt once in a while (not into burn outs etc) :)

anyway, i have plenty more questions which hopefully i can ask wednesday night (does any one mind if i come along??)

thanks and nice to meet you!

Tim

Car looks great. As you have mentioned best way to quieten exhaust but still keep a great sound is add as many large bodied straight through oval mufflers as is required to meet your sound requirments.

Hey harey are u still using jim berry clutch?? I read ur comment on JB clutch in the clutch section, who/where did u got it installed? As im getting jim berrys clutch soon.. Sorry to hi-jack these thread.. Lolz.. Nice 34 btw!!

Edited by myRB25DETT

hey tim,

love the look of ur car mate!

there is no limit in regards to the angle i dnt think.. but if u do want it 100% legal u pretty much need a stock exhaust or a VERY well designed customed made one($$$$).. I got defected a few weeks back n got a full epa.. took the car to get tested and got 87db and 89db on back off with a stock catback exhaust system and 3" front and dump pipe.. it doesnt matter how low u point it at the end of the day they can chcsk ur car on a hoist and test it which means ur theory of the sound hitting the ground would useless..

cheers

Herbie

this is all bad news, i dont even drive like a knob.

nature of the beast i suppose.

nah, dont need the rims - i dont like the look they give the car.

they're 18"