SAU Community

Mystery Break Down

top13s

hey jus wondering how many of you guys have had your rb25det stall for no apparent reason, and what caused it. mines doing it every now and then, and so is my mates mums r33. the car fires up no straight away with no issues.

cheers gaz

yeah i have a stock bov and i think its leaking,. i wanna get the de intake pipe so theres no bov mount., i love the sound of a turbo dose :P

wats the best way to clean the afm and tb?? carbie cleaner ??

If it's leaking, that could be the cause. Means air that the AFM has registered is never reaching the engine and hence you run rich and stall. But that's making a few assumptions.

When is it stalling, on decel or idle or?

Is it after revving it out on load/boost then clutching in straight away? or does it just randomly stall for no reason? Does it also hunt?

If it is the last two it is most likely the AAC valve, take it off, soak in petrol cleaning it out then pressure clean it as well.

First one is most likely tune related with it running rich on deaccel, can often fix this up by tweaking the map.

yeah it seems to more often stall after boosting, what do you mean by hunting??

coke can gasket hey ;) i like the sound of that idea. i jus need a front mount. i have one lined up jus need to get the cash