SAU Community

Question About Unusual Limiter

BrynDETT

hey everyone, looking for some help for a mate of mine

car is a series 2 s14 we have just put an rb25 into..problem is the limiter sounds strange, i mean real strange... almost completely flat like a diesel limiter and when held on limiter the car bogs down rly hard and starts to drops rpm....kk dont give me advice on how its a normal limiter and im retarded coz its not!...lol

things that have been to try and solve problem : ECU changed, sparks plugs changed, ign timing checked with light...

engine has had timing belt changed before he bought it, does this sound as though its a tooth out? even though car runs fine and pulls hard for standard turbo....

it is pretty standard with just a turbo back exhaust and front mount and boost t....and splitfires

any help is appreciated.

no we havent... running a standard reg atm with i think a wallbro 255.. will have to check that then... fuel pump is probs ok made 320hp with the sr20 in it before.. cheers for the suggestion

Keep bashing that limiter and you will need to start your expensive conversion all over. The oil pumps in RBs are very weak and make the motor almost suicidal from stock. The reason why is because of the way it is driven off the crank, hitting the limiter will smash the pump to bits and have you nuke your whole motor in seconds not knowing you have no oil flow.

If you did this conversion for a limiter loving drift or burnout pig you really picked the wrong motor. Lucky you this website is filled with an abundance of references to just how bad a choice it was. Just search 'oil pump fail'.

As for the question, sounds like every other stock ecu RB ive smashed limiters with, in fact id be pretty confident I could find a video of my ex diesel limiter RB25.

both of u calm down lol... ino of the problems with rb's and oil... car is used for drift so obviously sees a fair bit of limiter... just after advice on how to fix this...

his old r33 gtst limiter was NOT LIKE THIS... it is not normal...

any more advice?

just thought id post this up because i was warned and its slightly amusing... clipped the limiter driving home tonight and BROKE THE OIL PUMP... haha :)...

to all the non believers u have been warned lol

Keep bashing that limiter and you will need to start your expensive conversion all over. The oil pumps in RBs are very weak and make the motor almost suicidal from stock. The reason why is because of the way it is driven off the crank, hitting the limiter will smash the pump to bits and have you nuke your whole motor in seconds not knowing you have no oil flow.

If you did this conversion for a limiter loving drift or burnout pig you really picked the wrong motor. Lucky you this website is filled with an abundance of references to just how bad a choice it was. Just search 'oil pump fail'.

As for the question, sounds like every other stock ecu RB ive smashed limiters with, in fact id be pretty confident I could find a video of my ex diesel limiter RB25.

really? they heaps weak hey?

i wonder why theres so many rb20/25's in drift that smash the limited all day every day without issues ;)

really? they heaps weak hey?

i wonder why theres so many rb20/25's in drift that smash the limited all day every day without issues ;)

are they different simon? my mates old rb25 copped abused for 2 years before he sold it... like a set of tyres a week abuse... never missed a beat...

different from what? it seems to be the 26's that die before anything else.

rb's not as weak as people make them out to be.

certain parts are (like the pump, as OP just updated with lol)

Otherwise from what I've gathered, some people CAN'T break them while others do without trying....piece of string etc