SAU Community

Weather Strips S1

Have removed.... At 100kmh some wind noise is present if stereo isnt on...

This, although in my case the exhaust noise is normally louder than the wind noise anyway.

ive ordered three sets from jap auctions hugh, i will post up in fs when they arrive.

I just got a price from Nisswreck on a pair of these for my series 2. $80 each plus shipping!! That's a bit steep I thought. Hope yours will be priced a little more reasonable...

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a price from Nisswreck on a pair of these for my series 2. $80 each plus shipping!! That's a bit steep I thought. Hope yours will be priced a little more reasonable...

They are between $200 and $300 new - I bought one a few years ago.

For those who have removed them, how did you go with the glue that attaches them? looks pretty permanent to me....

It's actually a really strong double sided tape, I think.

I still have little bits and pieces stuck on the car, tried a few things to get it off but without much success down.gif

For those who have removed them, how did you go with the glue that attaches them? looks pretty permanent to me....

Its the same as they use to stick down the TV antennas. I used every known solvent. Metho/Turps and a long strong thumb nail,

but both Stags still have the imprint.

Could not source MEK (methyl/ethyl/keytone) it is the strongest solvent I know of. Dont kow how it would affect the duco though.