SAU Community

Kumho Lap Battle Championship Round 3 - Date & Location Change

gregor

That would have been 1 big bad R34 and one mostly stock R33 (now upgraded but not attending). I wouldn't worry about the straight as long as you can hold the 1st corner :)

Turn 1... Easy as, I just have to load the EC map into the Evos computer and it'll figure it all out for me....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you even need to be in the car? surely the evo will be faster without an extra 70+ kg?

If you guys have any nissan owning mates feel free to get them to enter. I can take sign ups on the day for anyone needing club membership and cams licenses.

Bloody Emo,s better keep out of the way of my RWD boat, the driver assist options might get all emotional and drop their show bags mid corner when the fat heavy RWDFTW boat is all over them.

LOL.

Question, will the tyre rule be used to divide the classes, ie if I run Dunlop direzzas ill be in street but if I run Khumo V700 I'll be in club ?

Regs just say no full slicks if I'm remembering right.

Thanks

1week to go, might have to clean the car.

Question, will the tyre rule be used to divide the classes, ie if I run Dunlop direzzas ill be in street but if I run Khumo V700 I'll be in club ?

Regs just say no full slicks if I'm remembering right.

Thanks

1week to go, might have to clean the car.

Ok for the tyre rules - as far as the kumho lap battle goes yep the classes remain the same, so semis = club. I wouldnt worry too hard though unless you are at the top end of the points. If you've got semis go for it.

We've got an exemption from the no slicks rule for the existing open class guys already running on them.

Now we still need a few more Nissans. I can help you with getting an L2S on the day if you have a current club membership. I can sign you up to RENEW on the day as well if you need it or if you apply for SAU NSW early in the week I will validate your application with Eric. I'm really not trying to step on toes here with membership but I can't take SAU NSW club applications on the day.

I'm waiting on a couple of confirmations but I'll post up info on what time to arrive asap. Also there should be some official communication from the WRX guys soon.

For scoring the championship the following will apply:

If we have 3 timed sessions they are rd 1,2,3

If we have 4 then the 4th if not your slowest will replace your slowest from session 1, 2 or 3. For most people id imagine the 1st would be the slowest.

If we have 5 we will count them as s1+s2 = rd 1, s3+s4 = rd2, s5 = rd 3

If we have 6 we will count them as s1+s2 = rd 1, s3+s4 = rd2, s5+6 = rd 3

It's most likely we will get 4 timed sessions. Given the uncertainty I thought it better to put something in writing so it is clear before the day.

Sweet, I'll be happy if the oil problems have gone away and I get to do a few sessions, not to worried about times at this stage, well see how I feel after my first session though, I might get possessed by a speed demon, LOL.

sway bars and front strut brace are in, tune done last night, sub frame locking rings go in tonight then just have to bleed 4WD, A-LSD and brakes and the 34 is good to go, though vacuuming it sounds like a good idea.

Now lets hope none of the AWD guys are doing rain dances and it should be a good day

sway bars and front strut brace are in, tune done last night, sub frame locking rings go in tonight then just have to bleed 4WD, A-LSD and brakes and the 34 is good to go, though vacuuming it sounds like a good idea.

Now lets hope none of the AWD guys are doing rain dances and it should be a good day

Only one person mentioned rain on the evo forums. I reminded him that AWD cars have more grip but my RX7 is worth around a quarter of the cost of most evos. Same goes for most of the RWD 32 & 33s. Who do you think should be more scared of rain?

:devil:

Oh one other thing about the scoring for points - it will only be people with an existing connection to the event or SAU/RENEW that are in the point calculations. Should stop distortion of the figures.

Hi all, some info for Sunday:

Garage Allocations:

Trade: 1-6

Honda: 7-9

Nissan: 10-17

Mazda: 18-27

Mitsubushi: 28-40

WRX: 41-50

NOTE: each garage can take two vehicles 8)

Carport Allocations:

51-56: Trade

57-76: Officials

77-86: Tender vehicles

I have been advised by the organisers that late entries will be accepted on the day.

Gates open 6:30am, lock up is at 6:00pm

Sign on 7:30 - 9:00

Scrutineering 7:30 - 9:00

Drivers Briefing 8:30

Officials Briefing 8:30

Instructors Briefing 8:15

Sighting laps 8:55 for first timers to the track

Competition commences approx. 9:10am

Each session will be warm up lap, three timed laps, slow down half lap.

Green timed session,

Yellow timed session

Blue timed session

White timed session

White untimed session - with instructor and speed limit

This sequence will repeat.

After this timed colour sessions for the remainder of the day.

Competitors may change their speed group (up or down), only after consultation with the Clerk of Course.

If there are insufficient officials to allow an exchange of flag marshalls there will be a lunch break around noon.

Competition will conclude at 4:30pm unless there are insufficient competitors requiring to run.

There will be an award presentation shortly after the conlusion of competition.

There may be changes during the day.

See you there!

Also:

Please ask your members to ensure their cars are ready for scrutineering and are properly prepared for the event. This includes secure battery and terminals, blue triangle for battery, all forward facing glass is covered, a correctly mounted and appropriate fire extinguisher as per CAMS regulations. all brake lights working and so on. They must have their CAMS licenses (2LS or higher) and proof of membershop to a CAMS affiliated car club. Anyone late for the drivers briefing will not be allowed on track until they receive a full drivers briefing later when time allows. The drivers briefing is at 0830 at the base of the control tower unless advised otherwise.

I have some battery triangle stickers if anyone gets stuck without one. Make sure you bring your l2s and club membership. I can take L2S applications and RENEW membership applications on the day if needed. Come and find me, I'll try to be there @ 7.

And finally don't forget your helmet!

We have been fortunate enough to have a few sponsors get involved with this event. I've been speaking to each of them recently and couldn't have hoped to find guys more willing to support club level motorsport. If you're in the market for their services give them a call or drop by for a chat at the event.

Vsport - http://www.vsport.com.au/

V-Sport Australia specializes in performance braking systems from the world's most reputable manufacturers - Brembo (IT) & AP Racing (UK). Our fully-equipped showroom & workshop offer services ranging from friendly advice to race/rally car preparation.

With the motto "Make Every Day A Track Day", we are committed to allowing our customers to concentrate on the most enjoyable aspect of high performance road/race cars - Driving!

Open 6 days a week & conveniently located just 5 minutes from Eastern Creek

International Raceway, come & pay the team a visit even if it's just to browse through the showroom or discuss a performance brake upgrade for your vehicle.

MRT - http://mrtperformance.com.au/

I don't think MRT will need an introduction, especially with the AWD crowd.

Visit their site and check out the HUGE new MRT e-CATALOGUE.

Mention this code "EVOWRXRENEW" in the checkout comments and receive $50 free credit when you spend over $200

The MRT E-CAT has over 25 thousand parts listed, with pictures, technical articles, fitting info and more.

This also includes

100% money back if you change your mind

FREE delivery and free return freight on any part you order

Kumho / Fsport - http://www.fsport.com.au/

FSport is the proud distributor of Kumho Motorsport Tyres and Speedline Corse wheels in Australia.

Our aim is to deliver High Quality High Performance Motorsport and Road products at competitive prices to customers demanding High Performance Results as well as outstanding, innovative and reliable competitor service to all competitors at major performance and motorsport events in New South Wales.

John is a proud supporter of club level motorsport and is always happy to give advice and excellent service. See the current specials on the site for unbeatable value.

Xtreme motorsports - www.xtrememotorsports.com.au

Xtreme motorsports are all about sourcing and importing high quality imports and providing equally good service. They also stock a range of genuine accessories to compliment your car. They'll be bringing some cars down to Eastern Creek so you can see the quality for yourself. Look for them in the carports and garages.