SAU Community

Wipers Wont Turn Off: Help!

ausdrift

Ive searched for this but didnt get a clear answer.

Basically my wipers on my R33 dont respond to the indicator stalk and me selecting to have them on or not. This just happened over the weekend. They are staying on by themselves and the only way I can get it to stop is by removing the fuse.

As a side note, I think the windscreen washer motor will occasionally squirt a little water onto the windscreen from the passenger jet.

From your experiences, what is causing this?

How can I fix it?

What exact parts (part numbers or exact name would be fantastic if you know) would need to be changed, and how much did you pay?

If you can post photos, even better, (this could be a good guide for others who have the same problem)

Thanks, I really have no idea on this.

Edited by ausdrift

The indicator stalk doesn't control the wipers.......Lol Jks I know what you mean though :D

one thing you could try is pulling out the Wiper stalk from behind the steering wheel and inspect it for any short circuit.

You can pick up indicator stalk / wiper Stalk on eBay for around $20 usually, might be worth trying another to see if that fixes it.

disconnect stalk with motor connected and see if it stops it, indicating stalk at fault.

disconnect wiper relay box mounted on lh side of engine bay not far from motor.

if neither of these stop it, wipers have a brass ring with a cut-out inside. when you turn the switch off midway through a cycle power can continue to flow through the ring until the cut-out comes round and the motor will stop in the correct position at the bottom of the window. there could be a fault internally with this.

disconnect motor, if you find which of the wires is the constant power to the motor and run a temporary positive to this terminal. if the motor turns then the fault is internal. if it doesnt then its prob in the wiring.

anyone have a pic of the wiper relay box?

thanks. I pulled all the terminals off of the wiper motor stuff under bonnet and cleaned them up. i tried it (days later) and its stopped now, so Im gunna wait and see if it starts up again, cuase i was a bit surprised that this has fixed it.