SAU Community

Reimax Or Jpc Oil Pump Gears?

bubba

So I'm in the market for some new oil pump gears, I was going to get some JPC items but after discussions on the phone this morning, they are out of stock for another week or so.

I also queried the different sizes of gears and the guy said he wasn't aware of different sizes..

So I jumped on RHDJapan as I recalled seeing them specifiy two different OD's of gears and they only want AU$430 delivered for the Reimax gears while the JPC gears are AU$370+postage...

Which ones should I go for?

A week & 60 bucks is neither here nor there.

Which pump do you have - the Reimax ones are for the stock & N1 pumps - different sizes for different pumps.

By the sounds of it the local offering is for a stock pump?

Edited by djr81

Currently an RB30E pump but I have an N1 pump as well which is what I was going to put the gears in (neither JPC or Reimax do RB30 gears). The info on RHDJapan says there are two sizes of Reimax gears, both for the N1 pump but there is an early (bigger OD) and a later (smaller OD) version.

Yeah a week and $60 is neither here nor there, so that's why I'm torn with which way to go and I guess I am looking for peoples experiences with either.

Currently an RB30E pump but I have an N1 pump as well which is what I was going to put the gears in (neither JPC or Reimax do RB30 gears). The info on RHDJapan says there are two sizes of Reimax gears, both for the N1 pump but there is an early (bigger OD) and a later (smaller OD) version.

Yeah a week and $60 is neither here nor there, so that's why I'm torn with which way to go and I guess I am looking for peoples experiences with either.

Um, is there?

As far as I know (& I could be wrong) there are two different crank drives for the pump - the early R32 (Pre August 91 perhaps) being the least strong.

The OD of the N1 & stock pumps is different the stock somewhat perversely being larger than the N1.

I wasnt aware that the outside diameter of say a stock pump changed over the life of the RB26 but I could be wrong.

The thicker ones are the Reimax Capacity Up gears that you have to send them your housing to have them fitted in to, RHDJapland list them separately: http://www.rhdjapan.com/reimax-reinforced-and-capacity-up-oil-pump-gear-kit-skyline-gt-r-rb26dett-59391

I guess this is why I'm leaning towards the Reimax gears over the JPC as the JPC guy said he wasn't aware of any size differences with the N1 pumps and that's why they moved to the N1 over the RB30E/T.

No, the OD of the N1 pumps, they state an early (81mm) and a later (77mm), the later being the same size as normal RB26 pumps.

http://www.rhdjapan....-rb26dett-54021

Isn't it the other way around? N1 pump 77mm gears with assymetric tooth profile, factory RB26 81mm gears with symmetric profile, almost duocentric?

post-36390-0-47688800-1315380209_thumb.jpg

No first hand experience with either of them, but why would oyu want smaller gears with thin metal? Isn't it better to just put 81mm reimax gears into a RB26 pump? It has a good 2mm extra metal for each gear, so IMO is less prone to breaking.

No first hand experience with either of them, but why would oyu want smaller gears with thin metal? Isn't it better to just put 81mm reimax gears into a RB26 pump? It has a good 2mm extra metal for each gear, so IMO is less prone to breaking.

Are their really that many reports of billet gears breaking? Certainly much fewer than sintered gear N1 pumps.

• 6 months later...