SAU Community

Rb26 Build With To4Z

poohkies

Afternoon,

would like some info on what's recommend on a tight budget for an rb26det with t04z .84

I'm upgrading the enging in my vl calais, and would like some help / imput on what i need to do do the bottom end / if i need to do anything

engine has forgies a n1 oil and water pump, spit fire coils, tomei pon cams adjustable cam gears, and greddy manfold / gate and a to4z 4 inch dump

my car has , 044 460cc injectors, oil cooler wolf 3d v4 Kea's built 4 speed auto 3700 stall

now my question is, i'm not chasing huge number,s with the orginal engine I was running 11.6 on 220rwkw i would like to know what other mods do i need to do, do i need arp head studs, main studs rods etc to make a happy 300 -350rwkw, i would also like to not really be reving the engine over 7500 rpm

Edited by poohkies

Your injectors will make somewhere between 300 -330kw - you can easily upgrade them later if you want more power (although you will have to pay for another tune) but if you want nearer 400kw 550s would do or go for ID1000s to future proof your build.

Skip anything up to ID1000's. This being a VL it's got a 3L bottom end right? If so anything under 1000cc is a waste of time (speaking from experience with a 3L here).

Don't buy the ID1500's, they've been recalled. If you're going to E85 just straight up buy ID2000's and enjoy.

it's a full rb26 top and bottom, not doing 3litre

also i understand the whole smaller turbo better esponse, also realise bigger turbo less boost less stress on the engine!

i was more worried about having to get ARP bolts for everything in the bottom and top, but no ones seems to have mentioned them!

and reason the to4z is manly that i got the manfiold gate and turbo for a killer price! and not really interested in a 3076 (better suited for smaller engines like ca's)

also i understand the whole smaller turbo better esponse, also realise bigger turbo less boost less stress on the engine!

bigger turbo, virtually no response at all, no difference in engine stress. 300kw from a medium sized turbo and 300kw from a big turbo is the exact same stress on the engine. big turbos flow more air than a smaller turbo at the same pressure.

not exactly the same, a bigger turbo will put slightly less stress on the motor at the same power level due to better exhaust scavenging and lower intake temps but the difference would be minimal. +1 for a smaller turbo if your not gonna build the motor and use the t04z for what its capable of

Edited by JonnoHR31

i was more worried about having to get ARP bolts for everything in the bottom and top, but no ones seems to have mentioned them!

and reason the to4z is manly that i got the manfiold gate and turbo for a killer price! and not really interested in a 3076 (better suited for smaller engines like ca's)

A 3076 550HP, is suited to a 1.8lt?

... Ok...

IF you got it at a good price, sell it. Buy a turbo to fit the parts 3076, and be happy.

Have a look at the 26/30 thread and see user: Al

That will say it all really as a t04z is useless under 400rwkw.

Even a GT35 would be better.

A 3076 550HP, is suited to a 1.8lt?

... Ok...

IF you got it at a good price, sell it. Buy a turbo to fit the parts 3076, and be happy.

Have a look at the 26/30 thread and see user: Al

That will say it all really as a t04z is useless under 400rwkw.

Even a GT35 would be better.

okies guys , and yeah mates puts 3076 on sr's and ca's

i also have the joy of the stall and auto getting it up on boost earlier,

I had a gt35/40 on the rb30 and that made 18psi by 3k so i'm think that the to4z with slightly bigger rear housing .84 should be on boost by at least 3500 4k my main concern is what will the internal take, will the standard rods and standard studs be fine for that sort of power,

how much boost would u run through a 3076 to make say 300 - 330 rwkw out of a 26? and how much boost would u run through a to4z to make the same power ?

by the sound of it OP doesn't care about response, as he seems to be into drags... still everyone gives him shit.. not everyone with a 26 has a heavy gtr and needs every rpm of response to stop it being a slug.....

Edited by BrynDETT