SAU Community

Powercruise

Get EPIC

So how come nobody here ever mentions powercruise? I went last year for a look and thought it was the best modified car meet i have been to. At least it is easy to enter and have some fun!Are you guys scared of the turbo chevs or some thing? who cares! Modified is modified! I am pissed off that i missed it this year cause i am so busy with work cause i prepared my car for this event and didnt even know it was on because the website i spend every night on(here) didnt even mention it! I saw heaps of imports there last year, but i suppose they arent from this website

So how come nobody here ever mentions powercruise? I went last year for a look and thought it was the best modified car meet i have been to. At least it is easy to enter and have some fun!Are you guys scared of the turbo chevs or some thing? who cares! Modified is modified! I am pissed off that i missed it this year cause i am so busy with work cause i prepared my car for this event and didnt even know it was on because the website i spend every night on(here) didnt even mention it! I saw heaps of imports there last year, but i suppose they arent from this website

Because powercruise is always right after Jamboree which is a much better event. Jamboree has REAL racing rather than a commo skidfest, which, I can go down to the local hangout and see on a Thursday night if I wanted to. The quality of promo girls is mmm, ok but that's it, just ok. Then it's just a masisve line of yank tanks and cmmodores racing each other slowly around a circuit in short bursts.

Each to their own though, you might like that kind of thing. Most people here don't seem to hence the lack of mention.

http://www.powercruise.com/

Bookmark it so you won't forget next year or try http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/ as they might mention it more

It's pretty costly if you go the full 3 days and decide to get a shed and shit. I prefer the 1 day powerplay's, as it alot cheaper. This year cost us only 80 to enter and 200 for the garage, since we had 5 of us going. If you don't have a garage you don't get a pit pass, which means you have to line up out in the car park and wait to get out on the track. If you have the pit pass you can go as many times as you like, no waiting.

for any1 that went, did I WIN take the circuit?

was an awesome weekend i drove up and back daily and my car never missed a beat

won some lost some them high rollers is quick :thumbsup:

also enjoyed racing a worked corvette stingray and as mentioned all the dunnydores

some of which a f**king bullshit quick :/

i did see I WIN there nice car had some balls too :woot:

I ain't scared of turbo v8's... will be the next year with the R32 N1 hopefully be doing high 8's or low 9's by then and show em how to do a real powerskid lol thumbsup.gif

You should have heard it from in the cabin! It was a blast piloting that around the track.

what a machine :thumbsup:

i was hoping i would see the r35 line up against gup in his lambo

im sure he would not have been the star of the show :woot:

Ive noticed the lack of interest on here for powercruise, but its fair enough the event isnt overly focused on imports. for example one of the main fetures of the event is the saturday night burnout comp, which is always going to be dominated by torque monster chevs and fords (although saying that two skylines did have a chop at it all be it with relativly disapointing results).

as for jambo beening a better event, i would say they both have there good and bad points, but the powercruise this year was well below the standard set in previous year. i highly doubt ill attend in 2012.

Ive noticed the lack of interest on here for powercruise, but its fair enough the event isnt overly focused on imports. for example one of the main fetures of the event is the saturday night burnout comp, which is always going to be dominated by torque monster chevs and fords (although saying that two skylines did have a chop at it all be it with relativly disapointing results).

as for jambo beening a better event, i would say they both have there good and bad points, but the powercruise this year was well below the standard set in previous year. i highly doubt ill attend in 2012.

Just noticed a few spelling mistakes, my bad it was done on my phone :P