SAU Community

Boost Gauge .. Where Did You Put It?

Ezekiel86

Hey all !

Keep this short and sweet..

Looking 2c where you guys have put your boost gauge in your C34? Above the steering wheel column seems to be the go ..but don't wana block any off my gear lights because it's and auto trip , shift kit set up. :thumbsup:

Any one had any good ideas or have theres in a different spot that works well?

Thought of heaps of other spots but keen to see if you guys have the mounted them sum kind of crazy way or spot that's a little different! :whistling:

Bring on the photos :cheers:

Cheers everyone !!!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Mearcat's products. They've got a number of different guage holders/pods available, and about 3 of those are specifically for the Stagea. I bought one ages ago, and it sits in the little area where the clock is on top of the dash. Perfect placement because it blends right in, isn't a distraction, and looks like it was meant to be there.

At godzilla year I was thinking about doing the clock one!

The dash side vent had one there and sapol said it's a no no coz it's still "eye level" not under, same as pillar gauge spots and I will get defected for it!

Edited by Ezekiel86

This is where I stuck mine

post-78650-0-06520200-1315638578_thumb.jpg

FYI total PITA

Thief!!! That's how I got mine setup (execpt I don't have the JJR 3 gauge DIN Slot)....you even have the same head unit as me...lol

It's wasn't too much of a PITA for me when I installed them...But I'm going to replace my Autogauge set with some nice shiny Defi ones very soon

I did have a photo of it on SAU somewhere...I'll post them up when I find it at home (or take another photo)

I've got mine the other way round...headunit in the middle and the gauges in the bottom..

I wanna change it so the gauges are at the top, the climate control (damn those globes have blown again.....urgh) in the middle and the headunit down the bottom

I wanna change it so the gauges are at the top, the climate control (damn those globes have blown again.....urgh) in the middle and the headunit down the bottom

Thats how I wanted it but I think we have a different metal brace to other ppl. Everything screws in the middle and locks into the little slots (red circles) but the climate control mounts further to the bottom than center (top two red circles).

Also the climate control is slightly wider at the front and only seems to fit where the brace is shallower (blue line)

If you find a way it fits without cutting and drilling I'd like to know how

post-78650-0-24142600-1315913055_thumb.jpg

10 out of 10 for observation :yes:

It is actually a profec b boost controller which fits exactly into the hole for the switches. I moved them to the other side as there is an extra space for switches.

It is nice and out the way there and I dont need access to it to swop boost as the profec b has the option of a remote switch that can be fitted to the steering wheel (yellow button) I can change from hi to low boost without taking hands off the steering wheel . Best gadget on the car by far imho

The guages are electronic apexi ll with white dials . Oil temp & pressure, water temp . fuel pressure , EGT and boost . The guages have an adjustable warning feature which flashes and beep and a peak hold option. You can also set them for 30 second playback . Tried it once after a run up santapod strip - it looks really weird no engine and all the guages jumping around .

meercat guage holder is good, iirc nick has this aswell

my profec b sits niceley in my coin tray, i still think you should buy a factory centre console

Not sure what you mean ?

It is factory just trimmed to match the rest of the retrimmed interior - one bright silver bit looked shocking with everything else black .