SAU Community

Sau Nationals Road Trip "super Cruise"

Pezhead

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric I'm starting to think you are on crack with the organisations of this "cruise"

It's 6 hours from Syd to Wang and another 45mins from Wang to Shep. Now I do this drive quite regularly quite a few times a year.

I think you have your times out. The times between Phesants and Yass are out and the times between Albury and Shep are out.

There is no way in hell I'm going to be meeting at Phesants at 6.30 am that would mean I would have to be leaving my house at 5 am and be up at 4am!

Beau and I normally leave by about 10am when we drive down and normally end up at Wang at about 4pm this is allowing 2 stops including a lunch break and petrol.

+ your 45mins to get to Shep which would mean more sleep in time.

P.s

Castle hill to Phesants 1.5hrs

Phesants nest to Yass 205kms 1.8hrs

Yass to Albury 281kms 2.5hrs

Albury to Shep 175kms 1.6hrs

Being more realistic about the situation it is a long drive. calculating in stops and people f**king about I would say it would be more realistic for everyone to meet at Phesants at 8.30 for a 9am departure. That should get you in Shep at around 4 -4.30pm

well i'm relying on google which can be hit and miss. Also had to pin the petrol stations from the sat view. I think the times got farked. I havent done this pass so relying on that info. I need to recheck all the legs again.

as for starting time, much later for me (and others) and you're into commuter traffic that's unpredictable.

Well considering Beau and I pretty much do this run quite frequent we pretty much know the distances and times. The only traffic you are going to get getting on to the M4/M7/ whatever way you are heading to get to Phesants and getting in to Albury. Best place to stop would be BP at Glenrowan because its on freeway = no traffic. The rest is free way so you don't hit any traffic. Going away from the city.

Corinne that's pretty much what I said in the NSW thread about this (about meeting so early) but no one cared! lol :laugh:

I care Shell, Sorry I missed the post. :wub: I just think this plan is overenthusiastic. It would require most people to be up at 4am to get there on time.

4 am is a bit of an exaggeration. Doesn't take 2.5 hrs to get there unless you live somewhere up the central coast or beyond. But I get what ya mean. I'd have to be on the road by 5:30.

Can someone check this? I've re-done the google map fail thingo - I think it was a quirk that google will make you back-track sometimes if your stops get out of order. GOOGLE MAP

Maybe we poll folks about start time. Steve-O, Paul and Brett were pretty keenolio for the early start. I'm ok as long as we don't go beyond 8 am as I'll have traffic problems.

Oh, and my thought on those petrol stations on the way to Yass is that if you need petrol or to pee just stop and rejoin the group in Yass. No need to stop the whole group.

1.5hrs from castle hill to phesants but it would still take most people an hour to stuff around at get shit organise before they have to leave the house.

u need to lrn2trackday..

prep all the night before.. wake up,get dressed, wash face/brush teeth and out the door! done and dusted in 10 mins.

and no u dont need to do ur hair.. just open the window before u get to the meet and blame the wind :D

u need to lrn2trackday..

prep all the night before.. wake up,get dressed, wash face/brush teeth and out the door! done and dusted in 10 mins.

and no u dont need to do ur hair.. just open the window before u get to the meet and blame the wind :D

I do princess, I've been doing before you.

lol! i get up anywhere between 2:30am- 4am to go to work. i'm usually starting work most days around 5am so no biggie the earlier it is. means more drinking time the quicker we get there :P