SAU Community

Sau Nationals Road Trip "super Cruise"

Pezhead

Dam it! I thought I double checked it a couple of times.

Sorry mate a bit too late to change it now, not everyone will re-read this thread. There is an assumed 15 minute fuel/pit stop in there based on where people want to catch petrol.

It will actually only be 45 minutes and if people from Canberra are there we can leave early. Good time to grab a morning snack and take some pics of the cars assembling.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric . . . (where did Terry come from???)

No worries, I'm too excited anyway to be worried what time we meet up . . . I'll probably be there at 4am . .. :no:

See you at Yass on Friday . . . . .

Dam it! I thought I double checked it a couple of times.

Sorry mate a bit too late to change it now, not everyone will re-read this thread. There is an assumed 15 minute fuel/pit stop in there based on where people want to catch petrol.

It will actually only be 45 minutes and if people from Canberra are there we can leave early. Good time to grab a morning snack and take some pics of the cars assembling.

Ye Andrew/Motive *might* be joining you guys, as they are making the SAU Nats DVD etc.

It's not 100% confirmed as yet but that's their plan at this stage :thumbsup:

unlucky NSW guys lol

Oh, was also going to tell you folks that MotiveDVD is covering the event. Andrew and crew will be driving down from Sydney and might be joining us on the convoy/film some of the trip down.

Is there a opt out button? lol..

Hi Terry:

Quick question re Yass meet-up time:

According to your estimated drive times below, assuming you leave Pheasants Nest on time at 7:30am you will easily get to Yass Caltex by 9:30am -

This means nearly an hour's wait for rendezous with Canberra crew, and Yass ain't that interesting.

Maybe a 9:30 or 9:45 meet time would be better?

Thank you for organising this cruise - really looking forward to it

Robert

LOL!!!!! I think Eric calculated the times driving his horse and cart.

stupid mother fracking mechanic only texted me at one am last night to tell me he is at a track day today so he wont be able to finish the car like he promised..hence picking it up tomorrow morning and having to STILL wait to get it tuned by this Toshi guy.

dont expect to be on the road till 5pm at the earliest...just in time for peak hour :domokun:

I know this kind of thing happens with mechanics but yeah really mad im missing the cruise down, will be heading out by the time you guys arrive, least i dont miss the track day i guess..

We'll be meeting you at Pheasants nest so we can film the road trip for the DVD.

Unfortunately our GTR isn't back together yet due to work being crazy busy :( But will be an awesome weekend :)

Edited by JET200

stupid mother fracking mechanic only texted me at one am last night to tell me he is at a track day today so he wont be able to finish the car like he promised..hence picking it up tomorrow morning and having to STILL wait to get it tuned by this Toshi guy.

dont expect to be on the road till 5pm at the earliest...just in time for peak hour :domokun:

I know this kind of thing happens with mechanics but yeah really mad im missing the cruise down, will be heading out by the time you guys arrive, least i dont miss the track day i guess..

I'd be giving your mechanic an earfull

same thing happened to me this weekend... supposed to drop the car off on Monday, and on Sunday night the mechanic who was supposed to be working on it said he may not have time to fix the car this week, but i should bring it around just incase... haha. oh well! Got it sorted!

at least yours gave you some warning that it might not get done, mine was 100% that it would be finished by today..i dont like to flame him as he has good rates and works with imports a lot but was pretty upset to not be able to get down with the convoy and boogie boogie.

also the text stated he 'may finish it tomorrow' ie i might not even have time to get it tuned..if have the turbo instal finished at all. Its already half in so not like i can just drive off and leave it till next week. Aaaagh! hopefully i get sorted out on the price..

Im sure the Motive guys got some good film on the way down. It was good to see them cruizin up/down from the back of the pack to the front.

It would have been good to have pre_organised a fly by at speed.

Although Drew was moving at a great rate of knots a few times.

A few oh shit moments were had. Skippy was oh so lucky Shell didn't clean it up and some nice evasive action taken by Drew not to clean her up.

Hey guys,

Just got to our hotel (the overlander hotel/motel)

Got some good shots today :)

What's the plans tonight

Post it up and let me know, keen on beers!

Tate (yellow Wrx)

Oh I was wondering who you guys were :D

Sorry I didn't read this, we all went to the Tirana, I hope you made your way there, or found some beers somewhere else!

I hope everybody that decided to convoy down had a good time. I know I did! It was so great seeing the skylines all running along. Hecktic fast 'n furious bro (like the truckies said, lol).

And I have to add that the schedule (albiet conservative timing) worked out great and we ran to the schedule almost exactly :nyaanyaa: