SAU Community

Getting A Car Transported From Perth To Sydney

iwanta34gtr

I received the quote from Ceva 2day for gtr transport.

VehiclesNISSAN SKYLINEQuote Charges:AUD 3330.65GST:AUD 333.07Total Charges:AUD 3663.72

Unfortunately this is a bit much for me, so will wait for 1 to pop up closer to this side of the country.

Thanks 4 all ur help guys.

Ring some other companies - that's a terrible quote.

I was thinking about this last night, expecting quotes to come in around the $1400 mark, it should be possible to get it back here for less. The flight has to be cheap (jetstar on sale), don't speed with it at ALL (lower speed = better fuel econ so stick to 110kmh and stay constant throttle not on boost off boost), drive each day until you're tired than put the seat back and sleep in the car (not as comfortable as a hotel but saves $80-100 per day and allows you to drive each day until you're tired so you don't rely on motel locations). It's not exactly a fun few days, but I've done similar (2400+ k's one go) and once you have a shower at the end and a good sleep you're fine.

Ring some other companies - that's a terrible quote.

I was thinking about this last night, expecting quotes to come in around the $1400 mark, it should be possible to get it back here for less. The flight has to be cheap (jetstar on sale), don't speed with it at ALL (lower speed = better fuel econ so stick to 110kmh and stay constant throttle not on boost off boost), drive each day until you're tired than put the seat back and sleep in the car (not as comfortable as a hotel but saves $80-100 per day and allows you to drive each day until you're tired so you don't rely on motel locations). It's not exactly a fun few days, but I've done similar (2400+ k's one go) and once you have a shower at the end and a good sleep you're fine.

He's right, that quote is nuts. more than a fresh paint job on another gtr I'm guessing.

Steve-o that's a pretty epic trip. How long did it take?

Yeah needed some new CD's for that one. 15 hours there from memory, 3 hours stop waiting for someone else who was late so I had a sleep in the car, then straight back another 15 hours. I slept well after that.

ok, ill take one for the team and voluteer to help drive back.

i once bought a car from adelaide due to price.

flew down from sydney, train out to location suburb, test drive car, drive back.

done this with my dad.

24hr round trip.

awesome to drive all that way, get back, crash for a few hours, wake up and see your new pride and joy sitting in the driveway....

just give me some notice so i can out in for holidays at work :thumbsup:

either way you go, good luck finding a car.