SAU Community

Bc Coilovers

Hi I have just fitted set of BC V1 Coilovers,bought from JustJap, excellent to deal with,to my R34GTT. I selected 6kg front and 4 kg rear springs and have set them at 15 front and 17 rear from hardest,old fart settings.

Best money I have spent in a while,I can highly recommend them

Cheers

Steve

Hi I have just fitted set of BC V1 Coilovers,bought from JustJap, excellent to deal with,to my R34GTT. I selected 6kg front and 4 kg rear springs and have set them at 15 front and 17 rear from hardest,old fart settings.

Cheers

Steve

Yeh mate! they are good. i have them in my gtr! highly recommended!!

Amen, have a set of 8/6 in my R33 GTST.

loving it. Firm and responsive enough to get really rowdy with confidence, soft enough to drive in every day and not wonder if it would have been better going for other coilovers/ spring settings.

Cheers

Steve

Hi mate can you give a more in depth review, eg how the car rides over train tracks, bumps in our great smooth roads we have, how hard it is overall (i know it depends in settings/personal preference), is the car flat around corners (no body roll), better or more precise handling around corners.

I'm getting new suspension soon so would like your thoughts. on the suspension you got. Thanks.

I've had the coilovers since about April with the 8kg/6kg setup. Even whilst all set to soft I find it a pretty harsh ride... but the handling is precise and corners pretty flat. Most people seem to be happy with the ride but on a bumpy road you're going to feel it... The coilovers are best suited to a track rather than the street that's the feeling I get. If you can I'd definitely get slightly softer spring rates.

can you give a more in depth review, eg how the car rides over train tracks, bumps in our great smooth roads we have, how hard it is overall (i know it depends in settings/personal preference), is the car flat around corners (no body roll),

I just fitted BR series to an R33gtst last week, went for the 8/6 spring rate on the advice of Justjap (was going to go 6/4). Roads are pretty bumpy up here and 8/6 is fine, not radically different to stock. 6/4 would have been too soft IMO. Have dampers set 10 clicks from soft, so 1/3 of full firmness. Also have whiteline swaybars front and rear, might just be me but I still find it has a bit of body roll - eg my ST185 GT4 has similar setup, Tein superstreets and whiteline swaybars, and that has wayyy less body roll, very flat thru corners, so was a little disappointed with the R33 in that regard. But for $1300 delivered the bc's seem great value, ride is probably perfect for street, as in firm but not too harsh. Would need firmer for track, I would imagine..

I just fitted BR series to an R33gtst last week, went for the 8/6 spring rate on the advice of Justjap (was going to go 6/4). Roads are pretty bumpy up here and 8/6 is fine, not radically different to stock. 6/4 would have been too soft IMO. Have dampers set 10 clicks from soft, so 1/3 of full firmness. Also have whiteline swaybars front and rear, might just be me but I still find it has a bit of body roll - eg my ST185 GT4 has similar setup, Tein superstreets and whiteline swaybars, and that has wayyy less body roll, very flat thru corners, so was a little disappointed with the R33 in that regard. But for $1300 delivered the bc's seem great value, ride is probably perfect for street, as in firm but not too harsh. Would need firmer for track, I would imagine..

For $1,300 they are great value. I fitted them on my R34 Skyline GTT and here a shot of it on track, you can see there is not much bodyroll at all. Not harsh for the road either.

IMG_1296.jpg

yeah im on the 8/6 diet n its gold. In perth our roads are prety flat so not a problem. If you were in an area with shit roads maybe go the 6/4, but otherwise the 8/6 are the biz.

prior to that i had 9/10 (thats right, 10 on the rear) n that shit was haaaaaaaaard.:yucky:

Slid like a champion tho n you could draw lines like a draughtsman...

I suppose thats why they were call HKS Hyper D's (drift) tho...

Hi Keep in mind my Boy Racing days are over. The BC's replaced Bilsteins and Kings springs,what a difference, the BC's absorb bumps better and being adjustable you can set them to your mood or driving style, ride height is easily adjusted,less suspension noise and lighter. If you have an R34 I would also get the adjuster extentions for the rear,save you taking the seat out to adjust.

Cheers

Steve

Hi mate can you give a more in depth review, eg how the car rides over train tracks, bumps in our great smooth roads we have, how hard it is overall (i know it depends in settings/personal preference), is the car flat around corners (no body roll), better or more precise handling around corners.

I'm getting new suspension soon so would like your thoughts. on the suspension you got. Thanks.

fitted my bc's about 2 weeks ago pretty damm happy with them on sh***y gold coast roads not to much firmer that standard imo well woth the investment, wet for br's though

fitted my bc's about 2 weeks ago pretty damm happy with them on sh***y gold coast roads not to much firmer that standard imo well woth the investment, wet for br's though

what spring rates and damping setting you doing this on?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• This is it, folks! Our final event of the year... The big one, you all know and love - Putty Road! It goes without saying, but this is the biggest cruise in our calendar each year! A nice long drive, with a hearty pub feed at the end! Do you need much more enticing than that!?!? So make sure you wash the car, get your cameras out, block out the calendar, and get ready! We know you're all as excited as we are, so make sure you lock in the details and date below: Date: Sunday 8th December 2024 Meet Location: Corner Windsor Road and Groves Avenue McDonald's / KFC (3 Groves Avenue, Mulgrave) Meet Time: Meet at 9:00am for a 9:30am departure Destination: The Royal Hotel, Singleton (84 George St, Singleton) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-puttyrd Itinerary: We will meet at McDonald's / KFC on Windsor road and from there will head onto Putty Road. There will be a break at the Grey Gum Cafe (8679 Putty Rd, Putty) which we should reach at approximately 11:30am. For all the Newcastle folks this will be a good point to join up. From here we will continue on to Singleton for lunch. Please remember to fill up prior to heading onto Putty Road. There will not be a fuel stop until Singleton. To those running on E85, Freedom Fuel (old United) at Vineyard on Windsor Road has started selling there. At Singleton there is a range of servo's available including BP, Shell and Caltex. There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a CAMS permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there! 
    • Back by popular demand - we're lining up another Old Pac Run! Get your cars ready for one of the best night runs on the calendar! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 23rd November 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:30pm for a 8:00pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-oldpac Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. Please be mindful of the added police presence lately so best behaviour is expected! There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Back to our newest location for our Sunday morning coffee catchups! As always, this is the best place to meet up with the SAUNSW fam for a coffee, bite to eat, and a chat! So what are you waiting for? Block out the calendar, set your alarm in the morning, and come down to hang out with the SAUNSW fam! Date: Sunday 10th November Meet Location: Baybreeze Cafe - 2 Wellington Street, Sans Souci (entry via Plimsoll Street) Meet Time: Meet at 8:00am Map: https://tinyurl.com/sausundaysession-baybreeze This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsports Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Yours would only have been worse, because I've spent 2 weeks cleaning mine. And yet it barely looks any different... Ha ha ha The work bench is unusable as things are stacked so high on it, as it down each walk way between the cars. And on one of them. And inside the other... And under one of them... These days when working in the garage, I need to roll the Subaru out. Because the "workshop" portion is just so full of stuff... To do anything means to move lots of stuff...   But I recently got rid of a full rack of fish tanks, and a few more. Then have started just throwing shit that's actual rubbish. And trying to sort everything else! Ha ha ha   Needing to move the Lathe into its proper spot, and then move all the other gear like the press, compressors, welding trolleys.   And let's not talk about the camping gear... I want to get rid of it, the GF wants to go camping... I think I'm getting to old to want to camp these days   Oh, I also evicted a few things, like the motorbike outside ages ago too! Ha ha ha This is all in a 6x9
    • The end of 2024 fast approaches!!! So before the 'storm' hits, we think it's worth enjoying a little 'calm'! How better to enjoy some calm with a chill social out at Aqua Golf! So without any ado, here are the details: Date: Saturday 26th October 2026 Location: Aqua Golf - Penrith Panthers Time: 5:00pm Map: http://tinyurl.com/saunsw-aquagolf All you need to do is bring yourselves down to Penrith Panthers to come and say "HI", hang out, and maybe hit a few golf balls at the drive range. Who knows where the night may take us... What we do know is that there are plenty of food options available at the Penrith Panthers complex. For those of us keen to hit a few golf balls, prices start from $7.00 a bucket. Aqua Golf is open til late, so we have plenty of time to have a few hits and laughs with each other! This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks all! Looking forward to seeing you all there!