SAU Community

My 25/30 Build, Before And After. Results!

sriver killer

Not enough oil pressure from hydraulic lifter gallery(being low pressure, as opposed to getting feed direct from main oil gallery).

I think the internal vct mod is a bit of a hit and miss some say it works others say it doesn't.

All I can say is that it didn't work for me, and its a head off job to drill and tap for a vct feed line.

Take a risk and find out if it works for you :P

Not enough oil pressure from hydraulic lifter gallery(being low pressure, as opposed to getting feed direct from main oil gallery).

I think the internal vct mod is a bit of a hit and miss some say it works others say it doesn't.

All I can say is that it didn't work for me, and its a head off job to drill and tap for a vct feed line.

Take a risk and find out if it works for you :P

it's not worth the trouble If it may not work external is proven to work

So you ended up wanting to go the 35R? What made you change your mind? Just curious...

Ive currently sold my GTX and just purchased a 35R to throw on there.

currently she only revs to 6500 rpm as anything over that it just stops making power, though still enough to run a 12.1 on 18 inch ling longs.

With the 35R on there I can rev it just that little bit harder and gain that extra 1000 rpm. +fix the vct issue and I am back to where I started in terms of response.

Its win win, fix vct and get similar response to the gtx without vct + have that extra 1000rpm head room to get down the 1/4 quicker.