SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

yeah....they took a looooong time...but that was because I was being extra lazy..hahaha...but I am pretty happy with the outcome :yes:

Bought the black mesh................have to find my tin snips...and then we are in business

DSCN1431.jpg

So found my tin snips......

IMG-20120416-WA0000.jpg

This was how the car looked before......

IMG-20120416-WA0002.jpg

Thanks to "chef" for helping me.......

20120416_165053.jpg

My new ride !! hahahaaa

IMG-20120416-WA0001.jpg

Finished product....

DSCN1434-1.jpg

$28 later... I love it :wub:

DSCN1433.jpg

Edited by jez NF

Not exactly a "project"....but something I did today.

There is a lot of dust around the work car park and the regular bombardment of berries and falling leaves leaves my car filthy. I have a car cover...but the elastic ends do not stand a chance against the force of the wind....which means I invariably find the cover half off or flapping madly in the wind.

20120418_125052.jpg

Convinced "the slave" to stich some black tags on to the bottoms of the cover...... :yes: and boooom......I have a nice compact and secure cover now as I simply have to loop the tags around the bottom of each rim and secure them. No bending down and trying to throw stuff under the car to get it to the otherside...no chance of scratches and dents due to the hooks / clips flapping around or rubbing while on the car...nothing.

20120418_125449.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With rain predicted I can't start painting.....so since I was bored this morning I decided to try my hand at "sticker making" .............hahahaaaaaaaa :whistling:

Download images from google.

Align it and edit off unwanted bits

Print it out on nice bright yellow paper

Get some decent glue

Stick it

It helps when you have things to cover up...........................like this annoying mark that was there when I bought the car (ironically from a sticker!!)

20120427_130444.jpg

Nice??

20120427_130531.jpg

P.S. I did try removing the previous mark...yes I even used a spirit based cleaner etc...and all I was doing was making scratch marks...and nothing...the damn glue has like "molded" itself into the paint.....so the best bet is to cover it....and I quite like my "art" actually !!

Edited by jez NF

Do you still have the plates J E Z ? Because I tell you, I'm a Cop and I run every single custom plate I see. Mostly because they have trouble attached to their car, I'm more so referring to the person behind the wheel. I'm only posting this because of your story with the Police. Now I wasn't there so I don't know whether you embellished your story a little bit or what, but either way, right or wrong. If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, then don't have those plates on your car.

I doubt the officer said "Oh this is a rice burner" but hey that's just me, and only you'll know the truth. But in the end you can hardly complain, they didn't defect you and you weren't issued any traffic infringements.

Why are the plates available from the Rta if you police are going to pull over every single person running them? Also I'd be inclined to belive his story most cops are arrogant assholes that try and f**k the average law abiding citizen over. They tryed hard to find something and couldn't so got the shits about it. I'm sure you of all people have seen how police are mental on shooting anyone they can. Giving chase to anyone and that ends up in the person there pursuing getting killed. Also police brutality I'm sure you have seen the news plenty of stories going round. If I went out and bashed someone or a women etc I'd be locked up straight away but how come they get away with only good behaviour bonds?? Also why do they basically shoot to kill is it because you guys only get one training session a year " my wifes cousin is a cop at Richmond and thats what he told me " if so you would think if you has to shoot why go for a kill shot? This is just my opionion.

Sorry for going off topic

Hey guys...sorry..

but this is a "closed chapter" in my books ok......this thread is about my car.....its about what I do to it...and its about my love for it...

So please take this "discussion" - even before it starts........somewhere else....(personal messages to be precise!!)

Thanks....appreciated....

TO GET BACK ON TRACK....................

Here is a picture of Night Fury that I took this evening...

20120501_174612.jpg

and of the new "stickers" that I had laminated this afternoon.

IMG-20120501-WA0009-1.jpg

Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beeeeerrr...pair of scissors :whistling:

20120502_093955.jpg

This is now on the inside of the drivers side door.........................

20120502_100814.jpg

This is on the inside of the passengers side door.............

20120502_100948-1.jpg

And this.....................(plan to stick something over the "unleaded fuel only" part as well soon)

20120502_100748.jpg

• Like 1

Im not sure on those stickers eh...

Ive been watching your thread for a while and everything looks clean and simple and then you go and put those stickers on just makes it look cheap...

Dont be offended though, just seems tacky compared to other stuff your done to it (besides the front bar mesh that Im not personally a fan of stainless steel ftw)...

Im not sure on those stickers eh...

Ive been watching your thread for a while and everything looks clean and simple and then you go and put those stickers on just makes it look cheap...

Dont be offended though, just seems tacky compared to other stuff your done to it (besides the front bar mesh that Im not personally a fan of stainless steel ftw)...

I agree on this they are a bit out of place, I think if you just laminated the sticker itself, and it had an adhesive backing, rather than the clear plastic over the top, it would make a world of difference.

Nissan have the tyre placard thick stickers in Melbourne. I got one for the R33 we just finished spraying. Reckon you should have just put one of those where the original has been torn off ;)

Yeah you guys are probably right....on second thoughts I guess they are a tad " not up to standard "....but they do cover the old marks...which annoy me....and I rather have them. Also they are inside the door jambs so they cant really be seen at all unless you open the door..which is not very often. Might knock off the extra bits though...and make it just the sticker part....I need them to be laminated though....because water does get to them.

All this "nonsense modification" is actually because I'm stalling for time...want to get the painting started....but this rainy weather is not making it very easy :(

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for a dry couple of days....in the meantime was looking at old pics and comparing them to more "recent" pics.....damn...my car has come a long way !!

31135_10150211395480099_541750098_12622219_6837206_n.jpg

DSCN1327-1.jpg

35268_10150232268260099_541750098_13229232_3797801_n.jpg

DSCN0755.jpg

Picture1.jpg

nf.jpg

Picture2.jpg

184KWs to a much "cleaner" 255KWs :wub:

Picture3.jpg

Jez; that is probably the most well looked after 33 I have ever seen. I wish there were more owners like you mate. There are 5 skylines on my street and every one of them has a wrecked interior, wrecked paint; a fart cannon and bald tyres with big rims.

I have never seen an interior in a 33 that wasn't wrecked. It's like they throw a dog in there or something. Anyway; made my morning. good on you.