SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

^^^ I have always been running a Power FC and had highflowed my stock turbo when it blew at Barbs........so its got a Gt3076r core in it now with a slightly bigger than standard housing.........(avoided a high mount because its daily driven)

The old tune was done on a hot day (not that it matters that much)....but its leaning out pretty badly in places....and the AFRs are all over the place really.

Had a lovely tuning session this evening...nice and cool......and yeah she performed very well.

First up a big thank you to Tom and Richie @ PZP (you guys are awesome)

Few pics..............

20120606_170238.jpg

New LED dash bulbs look nice.................

20120606_170337.jpg

Plenty of fresh air :)

20120606_174320-1.jpg

PLENTY of flames :devil: .....and a couple of hours later.......................

20120606_174715.jpg

Two boost settings....................

12 psi spiking to 13 psi for everyday driving........319 @ the wheels.....

18 psi for the high boost setting.....352.9 @ the wheels.....

Tom was reluctant to turn up the boost (even though the car was responding well to more boost) because of the damage it might cause to the standard head gasket, valves, springs etc...which I thought was a fair call and which I am more than happy with....(because I am no dyno queen)

260kw for the street is just about right for the street in my opinion and the car runs like a dream....very smooth....and torque curve has improved quite a bit.....so yeah.....happy days :P

@ Simon - Thanks for the troubleshoot (damn video was refusing to upload - but got there in the end)......

@ Jonno.....yeah I did...but will be putting back the green LEDs soon.....they looked better (naaawww)

Here we go.....a video I completed last night....a quick summary of this thread basically

Michael scan that book and PM "on edge" a little teaser every day..hahha.....but on a serious note....thanks for sharing...interesting to know.

And in other news.....................

Damn thunderstorms and rain have put all painting on the back burner......

so not expecting any "developments on that front" (see what I did there) :P

The car is really nice to drive now with the new tune................tested the high boost setting the other day and "its awesome" would be a polite way of describing it.

For all those people who think their tune is "slightly off the mark"....it probably is....the weather plays a big role it seems....and I can vouch for that...tune in summer and tune in winter.....A LOT DIFFERENT.

Anyway I am happy..she comes on strong....runs beautifully even on cold starts etc...and sounds awesome on full song.

Have really been spending a lot of time researching rims.....I want work meisters but cant justify buying them at this stage..so more saving involved or I will have to find an alternative. Going to go to Vision R for some trial fitting soon...will post updates.

Oh bought and strategically located an airfreshner thingo this morning.....dont want the car to start smelling with all this damp and cold weather we are having :nyaanyaa:

Stay tuned..................

OK I NEED ADVICE from all the wheel gurus.......

Plan to go with ^^^^

18 x 8.5 fronts +29

18 x 9.5 rears +24

My big concern is the backs will stick out too much?? Thoughts?? The other option is +37 so no inbetween for the rears.

I havent clicked on this thread for a long time and my god I am glad I did!

The car looks amazing and is exactly the image I am aiming for with my 33.

But instead I am going matte black :rolleyes:

So it will be getting the re-trim and all that jaz.

Also around the same numbers we are both pulling.

Have you got a dyno graph we can see because that would be great