SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Money gurus have been hinting that I should take a "BRAKE" ;) and cut back on my car related spending....

So thats exactly what I did !!!

Night fury now has.....

New braided lines...slotted and dimpled rotors...EBC greenstuff brake pads...better brake fluid.

20130115_123505_zps2bd7e8d7.jpg

8993k86_20_zps395f2e29.jpeg

Also changed the aircon / alternator / power steering belts to gates items.......as I had a squeak on cold starts (using the car less now that I have the red devil)...problem solved.

Feedback on new braking system.

Pedal feel is relatively the same as stock....the very slightest bit of play / spongyness and then bites. (soon to change with the new cyclinder stopper)

Pads give off a LOT more dust then stock...but grip like a bitch and stopping power has improved by a more than substantial margin. The harder you press the better it bites and seems to get stronger and stronger...(love it)

Slotted rotors look mean as.....however I think they are still bedding in along with the pads as I have the occasional screech / high pitch squeal which is most embarrassing at the lights.

New braided lines are going on when we change the fluid and put in the stopper (sometime next week hopefully)

DSCN8910_zps9bd277e2.jpg

Been watching Top Gear...a friend downloaded all of it (right from the first show) and I stole it off him......and I have got through a couple of seasons thus far......AND NOW TO THE IMPORTANT BIT..................just realized why the tyres the car had when I first bought it were worn out on the insides instead of evenly or on the outside etc etc......skylines are harder on the insides of their tyres...........thank you fat dude from Top Gear !!

In other news............delay on my stopper....so will have to wait one more week :(

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to Tom for all his work on my car.............

20130201_162509_zps4fbe3873.jpg

20130201_163007_zpsfe2d1381.jpg

Out with the old brake lines...

20130201_171025_zpsacfbdc81.jpg

In with the new brake lines..............

20130201_172516_zps9a735504.jpg

................and back home...................with some awesome stopping power :)

20130130_180319_zps85defb7c.jpg

From what I have been told stock ones are decent (and are an upgrade for quite a few cars - that are tracked)...and with the right pads and decent rotors they work a treat....

Also seeing how I dont exactly plan to track it (YET)....so to answer your question....I think its perfect for now :)

Going to get some some suspension stuff upgraded next.

Been watching Top Gear...a friend downloaded all of it (right from the first show) and I stole it off him......and I have got through a couple of seasons thus far......AND NOW TO THE IMPORTANT BIT..................just realized why the tyres the car had when I first bought it were worn out on the insides instead of evenly or on the outside etc etc......skylines are harder on the insides of their tyres...........thank you fat dude from Top Gear !!

No the reason for it is the car is lowered from factory height causing your camber to rise which wears the inside so you need adj arms if the alignment cant be brought back into within spec with stock arms. Thats the real reason lol.

^^^ Sarcasm Sheldon Cooper !! :nyaanyaa: (I have learnt something over two years - you would think so anyway) hahaa...but thanks anyway for meaning it in good faith....Theres a reason why I called him a fat dude...annnnddddd the show is so overrated - coz they talk a lot of rubbish !!...but I like the car bits :)

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ Sarcasm Sheldon Cooper !! :nyaanyaa: (I have learnt something over two years - you would think so anyway) hahaa...but thanks anyway for meaning it in good faith....Theres a reason why I called him a fat dude...annnnddddd the show is so overrated - coz they talk a lot of rubbish !!...but I like the car bits :)

ahahah ohhh, thats the problem with online talking hard to tell sometimes, anyway nice work on the build attention to detail is an understatement here.

• 2 weeks later...

So last evening I walked to the car after work....started it.....turned the wheel to back out.......and was met with this loud groan.....played with the wheel and found that it creaked every time it was turned to almost full lock (both sides)....did this at standstill and at low speeds.....was too tired to investigate in detail last night so drove home.

First thing this morning I addressed the issue and found it was the power steering fluid (too low) and that it was'nt exactly a very healthy colour either. So flushed out the old and put in new fluid. Will monitor. (wondering if it is merely coincidence or if DOMO is playing up :domokun: !!)

No new updates......target is May for new goodies.

• 2 months later...

FINALLY got to work on the car again....forgot how happy it makes me :yes:

Did not get any before shots...but this was during the process

20130525_124843_zps98552c36.jpg

I read it somewhere on here and have since then been using the vaseline trick......it works a treat with preventing paint to settle on rubber bits...seals, piping, hoses etc. Just apply...paint...wait till dry and then rub off.

Will get some pictures of the end result up soon hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nic build man but 1. hav u ever heard of slim line plates and 2. not covering up your front mount with the big plate? Coz thheres a massive restriction there robbin u of some power

Cheers man...and yeah that is a good point and something that I did not really think about (the restriction part I mean). Guess if I ever chase big numbers (inevitable at some stage I am pretty sure) I will work on a side mount plate setup and / or get slim line plates. For now J E Z is good enough for me :)

MOAR. MOAR. MOAR. More pictures, been watching this since it had 1 page. :)

This is a random picture of my car while out in the winter drizzle this morning. Was a handful what with the light rain and cool dense turbo friendly air.

Will upload pictures of the engine bay once I finish tidying it up. Looking forward to the July break to get some of the aforesaid small projects done and finally order those damn rims. Been putting car stuff off for so long its making me depressed - nothing like a good old "spend on new car bits" !! :yes:

20130623_073521_zpse83eb450.jpg

Cant wait to see the car with an aggressive offset, deeper dish and chunky wide ass tyres. I love the kit and overall look to bits but the wheels need to "come out more" and be "bigger" so that the car can be lowered more without scrapping bits off and to fill up those guards.

Nice looking beast, I have the same rear bar and I think it makes the rear look beefy, the front bars interesting, I was thinking bout a GTR front bumper but that extension makes it look pretty decent :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking beast, I have the same rear bar and I think it makes the rear look beefy, the front bars interesting, I was thinking bout a GTR front bumper but that extension makes it look pretty decent :yes:

:thanks:

I love the GTR front bumper too actually...but then again I do not want everything to look like a GTR...booorrrrinnngg...plus I love my front lip !!

1052873_10152963001160099_899000317_o.jp

Spent the whole of this morning cleaning out the shed and found heaps of old boxes that were going in the bin..so then decided to mess about with some old posters I had...

0068e8e6-7ed8-49d6-90d2-e5b8bb14fc74_zps

and then before you know it...I ended up with this :whistling:

IMG-20130709-WA0004_zps3aea4cee.jpg

In other news.....ordered myself one of these......to keep the "stealth" look going under the hood.

ZEN-WS002-BL-front_zps09ce123f.jpg

ZEN-WS002-BL-bottom_zps0a2cb8de.jpg