SAU Community

R34 Gtr Rb26Dett Engine - 100,000Km For Sale Or Swap.

For sale or swap I have a complete R34 GTR engine. It is complete from intake plenum, turbo's and dumps, and block to sump. Engine mounts are included. I have a 2 genuine R34 front pipes here too if needed. No power steering pump or AC compressor.

The engine has around 95,000km on it, and was removed when I fitted my RB315DETT. I have bolted the engine into my engine test rig and will compression test and hot run it if anyone wants to see it run.

I can arrange freight to anywhere no problem and can mount the engine to a pallet for transport.

Asking price is $8000, not including freight.

The reason I am selling is that I am preparing to build a version 3 of my open deck engine, and it would be a shame to disassemble a perfectly good engine and then overbore a virgin 86mm bore R34 block, and then have to part out the parts I dont need.

So, for swaps here is what I am after:

At least 1 R34 GTR block and R34 sump with ALL the accessories. So that is the (original cradle, main bolts, water fittings, oil squirters, AC bracket, engine mount stalks, power steering bracket, turbo oil lines and all the coolant hard lines). I would prefer the sump already have a high octane or racepace extension welded onto it.

Next is the cylinder head. Specifically I am after a bad ass RB26 ported head with R34 spec cams running at least 10mm lift, step 1 springs and 260-272 duration (no larger). The heads must be complete, from plenum/throttle bodies thru to the exhaust manifolds. I need cam covers, idle control valves, cam sensor, all the hard lines, rubber breather hoses, the works.

I will also need a sets of cam gears (os giken, tomei or trust).

If you know any workshops that have what I need lying and would like to have a good spare motor in exchange, please pass on the word.

Call me on 0434 147 478 if your interested in making a deal, or prepare a detailed list of what you have and PM it to me.

I'll put up some pics tomorrow and have some compression test results by then as well.

Cheers,

Ian.

Hot ran and compression tested the engine today. Results were all 155-160psi.

Pictures and video attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9zoaiio9g4

The engine is running rough but the main thing is that its running on all cylinders. The rough tune is because I had to build a base map from scratch, and it is only tuned by ear. I havent got a wideband sensor on the test rig at the moment as it is in someone elses car.

Call or email me if your interested.

post-26553-0-92555100-1316506105_thumb.jpg

post-26553-0-25026100-1316506116_thumb.jpg

post-26553-0-49399900-1316506124_thumb.jpg

post-26553-0-19410700-1316506136_thumb.jpg

post-26553-0-63721400-1316506153_thumb.jpg

post-26553-0-45017500-1316506164_thumb.jpg

I can attest to the condition of this engine. it's my old car and was standard it's whole life in japan. I bought it with log books etc in japan from a mature owner. it was standard right down to standard boost, standard exhaust etc. 100% no mods at all and always serviced properly and on time. certainly has plenty of life in it yet. :)

• 1 month later...

would you take 6 grand cash? and are they steel wheel turbos?

No thats too cheap. Turbo's are standard ceramics.

With the exception of the power steering and AC pumps it is a 100% complete engine. From intake plenum to front pipe, cam covers to diff.

Hi Ian, you rolled all the way from Cairns to SAU Nats in Shep and back again.

You could have at least bought this RB26 down and put a for sale sticker on it ;)

Alas there was no room in the car for a second engine. I would have liked to take back a few engine blocks for the next project too, but the boot was full.

• 4 weeks later...

Im impressed you drove all the way down from cairns to Shep, took your car out on the track and drove all the way back to cairns. Now thats a skyline enthusiast !!!

If I was still contracting I'd buy your 26 and drop it in my GTT.

Thanks. Funny thing is I nearly missed the track day, having slept in by mistake. I was a little tired after the drive down !

On to Business. Bump! The engine is still up for grabs.

BUT! I am now accepting offers for the internals. I will consider removing the head and sump, and selling just the block and internals if someone needs a quick repair for their blown up R34 engine.

Alternatively I am prepared to strip it and sell the internals off seperately. I don't want to start breaking it up until someone takes the crankshaft though.

Up for grabs are:

R34 Crankshaft $1200

Standard Harmonic balancer $200

Rods + Pistons $500

Standard oil pump $200

Standard turbo's $500

R34 GTR Dumps $200

R34 GTR Standard front pipe. $100

Regarding pricing for these parts, I am negotable and especially interested in part swaps as part of the deal. Just PM me (don't post your offer in the thread).

I am keeping everything else with the intention of building the next version of my open deck engine. But If someone needs a virgin 05U R34 block and has an un-cracked block with light bore damage (or 3) I'll consider a swap. Im pretty keen on keeping the genuine block though, so the original serial numbers will match what was in the car from factory.

That is all.