SAU Community

Best Bang For Buck Sub 30K Skyline?

hamiltonau

If I was going to do it again I would get a R32 GTR early model because it is the lightest and a post 1994 motor (?) as I believe thats when they fixed some problems with the earlier RB26 motors, not 100% sure on dates but apparently they got a better crank and turbos or something.

For under 30K there are alot of rebuilt nice 32,s, better than a heavier 33.

In my mind band for buck = power to weight.

And yes I do own a fat arsed R33 GTS-T, I should have got a R32 GTR or a ....................................................... EVO.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh i love Sundays, especially rain soaked ones.

Thread has been languishing all week and suddenly BAM like the turbo just spooled up and theres a flurry of awesome full power replies!

Minus points to MLR for mentioning a Mitsubishi group product in an unashamedly logic defying Skyline worshiping thread, bad boy :domokun:

Otherwise good stuff, just rang old mate Stao in Melbourne and mostly because i cant be arsed chasing up a housing to send him I ordered the ATR43G3 which will apparently make 320KW ...?! wtf this is huge, will be like a pig in shit if i can make anything close to that power with my laggy boat. Still need to talk to Toshi (anyone have his number etc?) and someone in here had injectors for me that were going cheap, Aggroman where are you?

So this is slowly kicking into gear, clutch is a twin plate exedy and fuel pump is straight out of an R33 GTR so hopefully those mods will make do for now. My hoses do still have a leak in them somewhere (even after being gassed and replaced) so hopefully the new setup will take care of that problem.

NYTSKY your not wrong about cash burning a whole in my pocket, need to lend the ex wife 3k so she can move into a new flat so including this small 'tweak' to my engine i will be pretty much back at square one post wallet explosion.

south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg

BenM i love the train metaphor, i take it you remembered i work on the railways, i am fully aware of the superiority of GTRs and gotta say i prefer the look of R32s over 33's so its interesting to note they are probably quicker to boot. However for me the granddaddy is the R34 and im so far off being able to fit one of those in my garage i need something to tide me over, im just sick of riding the arse of bog standard Commodores etc through the corners (at wakefield and EC) only to have them fly off towards the horizon on the straight and it begin all over again when i catch up.

In a couple of years i should be able to afford and rightfully own the car of my dreams and then decide if im going to keep the track hack R33 as a stripped out paddock basher while leaving the GTR nice and shiny or just switch over completely to the Godzilla. plenty of time to ponder that one though..

ok sorry for the novella guys but really appreciate all the advice!

(oh and this is the Toshi thread, seems like a good deal)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/362235-nistune-realtime-road-and-dyno-tune-cheapest-in-sydney/page__p__5981058__fromsearch__1#entry5981058

If I was going to do it again I would get a R32 GTR early model because it is the lightest and a post 1994 motor (?) as I believe thats when they fixed some problems with the earlier RB26 motors, not 100% sure on dates but apparently they got a better crank and turbos or something.

For under 30K there are alot of rebuilt nice 32,s, better than a heavier 33.

In my mind band for buck = power to weight.

And yes I do own a fat arsed R33 GTS-T, I should have got a R32 GTR or a ....................................................... EVO.

post 92...

A shit if i can make anything close to that power with my laggy boat. Still need to talk to Toshi (anyone have his number etc?) and someone in here had injectors for me that were going cheap, Aggroman where are you?

So this is slowly kicking into gear, clutch is a twin plate exedy and fuel pump is straight out of an R33 GTR so hopefully those mods will make do for now. My hoses do still have a leak in them somewhere (even after being gassed and replaced) so hopefully the new setup will take care of that problem.

oh yeah..forgot to mention dont forget z32 afm and metal intake pipe..decent coilpacks if you dont have already

yeah off to Japlink now to get Z32 AFM

should just avoid the worst of the traffic, why are they in frikkin Kirrawee though? its miles away..

as for the wifey, i am just going to let child support cease until the money is paid back, at 170 a week it wont take long for the debt to be recovered. Its not a big deal, she is fine with it going down like that. In a way though im like HER credit card lol.

as for why even helping, she is sharing an apartment with my brother and his wife who is about to have a baby so they need all the space they can get pretty soon. Nup, my life isnt complicated at all. Rang Stao about the install today, says the turbo should be ready by next Tuesday and be able to get chucked in over just a few hours.

Mechanic says with all the new hoses and so on i need it might take a few days, either way im pretty excited.

oh and to keep the cop said thread on topic Artz i will respond in here..

how is 300RWKW not decent power? ok maybe its not 1000HP stupid power but surely im going to notice the difference as its more than double what im running now..surely?

i never said 300kw isnt awesome..must of been someone else bro...

i would love 300kw just for the bragging rights.. :D

It is pretty much useless on the street, but its good to have then you can always turn the boost down for daily driving..thus is the beauty of the turbo engine

Better yet why did you even have a wife? bahaha

LOL shotgun wedding basically...wham, bam, thanky...what? a kid? AARRGGH!!

pretty happy about it now though, cant get enough of him and she basically had to do all the hard stuff. good times. bit of drama later as detailed in other threads but its all going to work out.

As for turning down the boost Artz...to me thats sacrilige!!

i only drive on the wknd or for fun now and then, occasionally a bit of a run to costco or Ikea etc. Hence its always going to be a bit of a dramatic experience for me to get behind the wheel, especially running full boost with some second hand furniture sliding around in the back..

You can never have too much power, 300kw too much power for the street, I say ppffffttt to that, I was running over 300 and its in for more poundage.

The power is controlled by your right foot, as long as you dont be a idiot on the street there is no such thing as too much power.

Unless of course you dont have it, then "its too much power for the street", LOL.

A Bugatti Veron has 1000hp, you saying thats too much power, ppffffttt.

If I could afford a 1000hp streeter I would be rolling.

pppffffffftttttttt

You can never have too much power, 300kw too much power for the street, I say ppffffttt to that, I was running over 300 and its in for more poundage.

The power is controlled by your right foot, as long as you dont be a idiot on the street there is no such thing as too much power.

Quoted for truth.

turning boost down is for the sick and elderly!

hamiltonau,

Having declared bankruptcy recently and deciding to spend the small pissy amount of money you have wormed together on your car. (which if you had any brains you would have sold) ....... smart move!

Bragging about your ex wife doing all the hard parts of raising your child, ...... what a man you are!

Thinking that you will be able to afford "the car of your dreams" in a few years (pissing more money away), you really must be a dumb shit, especially in the position you have put yourself in.

Do you not have any responsiblities? if not for yourself what about your son..? poor little guy

You really seem to be one pathetic stupid little looser of a man. :no:

If you feel differently you are wrong.