SAU Community

R32 Gtst 2Dr White

So I was just about to get a new car and put the skyline up for sale when the head gasket blew, so wondering if anyone is interested in taking it as is? Would be suitable for RB25 upgrade or anyone who has the time and space to work on it themselves. Car is in Brisbane, currently sitting at Mercury Motorsport. I can send pics if anyone is actually interested.

Details:1989 HCR32, 2dr coupe, white.

About 160,000km.

Sunroof

Antilock Brakes

Exterior:White multispoke Sparco 16" rims, front tyres are about a month old (Toyo). Rears are older but still deep tread.

The usual looking Type-M-Spec side skirts and spoiler, paint in fair condition for over 20 year old. Dark tint.

Mods:ARC FMIC, Turbotech boost controller, JJR split dump pipe, X-force Cat, Kakimoto cat-back.

Was making 162kW with Nistune.

Interior:Retrimmed steering wheel about 1 year ago. Replaced gear and brake boots. Black Nismo knob. Boost gauge in drivers air vent. Pioneer CD player with audio jack.

Things done recently:

Air con serviced this year; coil packs are a couple of years old; rocker cover, exhaust and turbo gaskets all just replaced, shocks were replaced when I bought it in 2007.

Hoping to get a few grand for it if anyone is interested before I have to look at putting a new engine in to sell it.

Any recommendations on a parts/wrecker/wholesaler that pays decently for such cars is welcome.

Vaughan

[email protected]

Hey Oscar, thanks for your reply and certainly no rudeness in your offer, its good to have at least some indication of interest.

I think I'd really need to get closer to $3000 or it would be more worthwhile putting an engine in an selling it based on initial cost estimates, but I will get back to you if things change.

Here is an old picture that I've been able to pull off facebook:

post-31332-0-55617100-1316643483_thumb.jpg

Yeah we discussed RB20 and Rb25 with very rough estimates, I'm still undecided but thought as a first step I'd get an idea of any interest on here selling as is. Are you interested out of curiosity or potentially buying it and getting it done?

Also, in case I overestimated the intelligence of people on here, or they can't read the first post - the head gasket has blown, which is a bad thing. The car is not drivable unless you want to further destroy the engine, and will require either a new engine or significant work done to replace and recondition the current engine. If this is not apparent to you, then this is not the car for you.

If you understand this and wish to purchase the car, grow some balls and make an offer like our South Aussie friend above. If you ask what my best price is, you won't get a reply.

I brought some recent photos from home but my work computer doesn't want to read the hard drive so will post them from home.

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in pictures, here is a selection of the surprisingly few photos it turns out I have. Note this is prior to FMIC install which is fairly subtle but required some cutting of the bumper (i.e eliminating the vertical section and trimming of the lower horizontal part).

One other thing I realised has been done in the last few months is top and bottom radiator hoses have been replaced, also rego is QLD til July 29.

Edit: Also forgot - has Exedy heavy duty clutch, 2-way pager alarm.

post-31332-0-76145800-1317034368_thumb.jpg

post-31332-0-77334100-1317034413_thumb.jpg

post-31332-0-46181000-1317034477_thumb.jpg

post-31332-0-38979100-1317034508_thumb.jpg

post-31332-0-79691500-1317034560_thumb.jpg

I will be negotiating a new car tomorrow, and will (hopefully) make a decision on what to do with the car thereafter. FYI, current offer under consideration is $2900.

Edited by debonaire

Yeah we discussed RB20 and Rb25 with very rough estimates, I'm still undecided but thought as a first step I'd get an idea of any interest on here selling as is. Are you interested out of curiosity or potentially buying it and getting it done?

hey mate, cheers for the reply!

i have been a very regular customer at mercury for a long time, so the idea had occurred to me to buy your car and negotiate throwing a 25 into it.

pm me if you wish to discuss anythin mate, it'll keep ya for sale thread nice and clean!

cheers adam

Currently have an offer that I will proceed with pending confirmation of stock availability of a new car and finalising inspection/arrangements with the buyer.

I will confirm if sale is final, but no new offers at this stage please.

lol so if someone offered you 100k you would say "hey man i f**kin said no more offers" :no:

dont limit yourself if someone offers better money you would be crazy not to listen at least.

lol so if someone offered you 100k you would say "hey man i f**kin said no more offers" :no:

dont limit yourself if someone offers better money you would be crazy not to listen at least.

Haha you offering?

I've got the $3000 I asked, if someone wants to pay more they're welcome, but just want to stop the "Still for sale?" sms's all day

• 2 weeks later...