SAU Community

Rota Gtr-D Rims 18X10 +12

Hey going to buy these rims, just wondering if anyone has them on there r32 gtst and how they went? or on any nissan without flared guards?

i have coilovers so can adjust them to whatever height it good for the rims, and rolled guards. planning on putting 235's on the rears and 225 on the front so they are streached quite a bit.

any pics of your cars? will 10'' be to wide or should i go with the 9.5's?

thanks

way too wide for a GTSt in 10", esp in that offset. you'd have clearance issues fo' sure

would make more sense to get a staggered set, in widths more suited to the tyre size

My mate had some on his 180 with standard guards . 10" gtc's with +5 offset and wasn't a drama , looked sick . Don't see why they wouldn't go good on a gtst

coupla points:

• from a performance perspective, fitting tyres that are far too narrow for the rim is just carrying extra weight and reducing clearance for no good reason. a manufacturer would be looking to fit at least a 285 tyre to a rim that wide from the factory

• they're so much wider than standard rims you'll need to have the car engineered to make 'em legal

of course, if you're one of these 'drift-look tyre-stretch' fashion slaves, or just like to tell people at the pub you've got 10 inch wide wheels- go nuts

coupla points:

• from a performance perspective, fitting tyres that are far too narrow for the rim is just carrying extra weight and reducing clearance for no good reason. a manufacturer would be looking to fit at least a 285 tyre to a rim that wide from the factory

• they're so much wider than standard rims you'll need to have the car engineered to make 'em legal

of course, if you're one of these 'drift-look tyre-stretch' fashion slaves, or just like to tell people at the pub you've got 10 inch wide wheels- go nuts

Thanks for the advise though mate, anyone else ?

You'll need to massage the guards to make them fit.

guards are rolled and flared a tiny bit, not much...do you guys have experience with it or are u just presuming?

i got 10.5'' deeeeeep dish on there now with +20 offset and don't even stick out that much...

• 4 months later...

I hav xt7 18X9.5 +12 on my 32 gtst. Cambered in and rolled front and rolled and flared rear. Looks mean man if you want to go for an aggressive staunch look. So i say go for gold, i got 215s on mine so do what u want wit tyres,. No one cares these day about whhats legal ay.

I'm just presuming.

After seeing a friends 32 gtst with TE37 superlaps in 18x10.5 +15 with 265/35 A050s, he had to flare 50mm out so, depending on size of tyre you want, you may have to flare bit more

russ's car is a different beast man... and he is running 265's

ok, so iv decided to buy some work XD9's .

Rear 18x10 + 18

Front 18x9 +20

look great, will see how they go :D

if you want xd9's look into running the 17x9.5+17 on the front and the 18x10+18 rear... best option by far