SAU Community

R32 Key Code?

wade32

One of my GTS-T's came with an old worn set of keys so I took the key to a local locksmith who put the key in a machine to measure it and create the code number for it. They then cut a key to the code and gave it to me to check in the car locks.

When I confirmed that it worked perfectly they gave me a printout of the code so that I can have keys cut from the code instead of an existing key in the future - this way you get a perfect key every time.

The only problem is finding a local locksmith that has the equipment to cut a key from the code and most of the small key cutting services can only copy a key from one that you provide.

The code is also on the drivers door lock. Know this because my key snap in the lock 2 weeks ago so I bought the lock to the locksmith and he cut a new key from the code. Cost me $25, but he charged me another $15 to take the lock apart to get the snapped key out and clean the lock. He also told me the spray CRC in all my locks because it looked like my car had been underwater. Haha. The locks are like new now.

The code is also on the drivers door lock. Know this because my key snap in the lock 2 weeks ago so I bought the lock to the locksmith and he cut a new key from the code. Cost me $25, but he charged me another $15 to take the lock apart to get the snapped key out and clean the lock. He also told me the spray CRC in all my locks because it looked like my car had been underwater. Haha. The locks are like new now.

yeah i knew there was a lock somewhere in the car that said it, but couldn't remember. the people i bought my old business off also had a locksmith so i went there to get a key cut when i had my 33 and the keys i had were a bit worn and they said i could just get the code off one of the locks and then they could cut me a new key.

I could open my car by putting the other half of the broken key in the door lock so all I had to do was remove the door trim, remove 1 screw holding the lock and the metal rod that unclips. This was on my R33, but should be the same on the R32. I hope your car is unlocked.

sounds like your local nissan dealer is clueless. . . .if you give him the chassis number then he can use that to give you the key code, very useful when you dont have the original key like i did when i bought a 31 without any keys whatsover