SAU Community

I Need Some V35 Advice!

Hi Everyone, I've decided to get back into skylines, I'm thinking V35 coupe. As I'm only familiar with RB's, is there any advice you can give me?

It sounds like they're a VERY good car. :worship:

Really nice car to drive lots of comfort options its deff a s showpony tho not ment for speed as it does not come in a turbo option if you want forced induction be prepaired to drop 15k for a rebuild to do it right. I would reccomend one as a daily drive they are good on fuel compaird to ur commonwhore or falcon nice to drive long distences, i do about 150km a day in mine from the coast down to sydney for work def beats the train.

Really nice car to drive lots of comfort options its deff a s showpony tho not ment for speed as it does not come in a turbo option if you want forced induction be prepaired to drop 15k for a rebuild to do it right. I would reccomend one as a daily drive they are good on fuel compaird to ur commonwhore or falcon nice to drive long distences, i do about 150km a day in mine from the coast down to sydney for work def beats the train.

Would you stay away from tiptronic? I don't see the point in a manual

did I miss something, don't think he said anything about the auto?

but that said, I owned an auto for 13 years, it is bliss to be driving a manual again..

Our cars are one, if not THE best combinations of sport luxury cruising around IMHO :)

100% agree with this. Mine is the auto/trip i now wish that i didnt listen to my father and bought a manual lol, altho the auto is good for city driving with the stop start traffic as mine is a daily but when ur on a cruse you do miss the manual so its just upto what you are going to use the car for, the triptronic needs s shift kit for faster shifts i find that mine takes about 2-3 secconds to change gears when going flat out.

a 2-3 second delay is probably more the TCU delaying the shift rather than the transmission internals, if so, a shift kit won't fix it.

Actually the Transgo shift kit does fix the delay. You will probably do a 'chirpy' when manually changing up in lower gears (if foot is flat or close to it). M35 drivers are raving over the kit. One of the best mods to do & it appears to help economy slightly, when your not having too much fun that is.