SAU Community

Bw Airworks Turbos

zebra

So the Jew in me wants a cheap good turbo.

Orginally was looking at the Kando Turbos, but they seem to change design/specs every other week, so its hard to know exactly what will be delivered when bought.

I never relised how cheap these BW Airworks turbos were (cheaper than the Kando stuff)

Im looking at the S362 ala 83-75 for my 1JZ with the aim of 400+rwkws and a mid 10 in a full weight fat kent Snoarer (eventually)

So who has used these buggers?

Specifically the S300 series on a 2.5L six.

Cheers

Andrew

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure I have mentioned these before in regards to being an ideal affordable turbo when the Kandofandom was getting hysterical and it wasn't really heard. I unfortunately have no results to directly share but they are well documented on various international forums.. I would happily run one :) The only thing to bare in mind with the S300s is they are physically quite large.

haha yep....

So 88-75 is the S372?

I just realised im looking at the S360 not the 362

The S372 is a big bugger, I cbf checking but would guess the S366 to be 8875 equivalent.

The 83/75 should be Gt3582r like in performance, on an RB25 if you are looking at results typical of folks here I would look at the S256.

Why are there so many names for the damn things?

Do we need to bloody research and document every model just like we did the bloody MHI units?

S366... S300SX... What is what and what does it mean?

I remember looking at the S200SX and being fairly impressed.

The 91/79 is a huge turbo - that amount of lag isn't too surprising... considering I'd not be surprised if an 88/75 punched as hard as a T04Z.

GTScoTT - when I first became interested in these turbos they were known as Schwitzer S300s etc, it seems when they started being sold as BW turbos the name convention changed but some people (ie, Bullseye power) who sell them seem to have stuck with the old Schwitzer naming. The naming Borg Warner use is much more informative, and closer to the current Garrett convention (ie, exducer size).

Last weekend after indulging in a bit of rum we decided to pull out some of the turbos that were floating around the house (and a random Honda City turbo for styles sake), the result was a few size comparison pics which might be interesting in this thread.

The turbos in question are a Borg Warner S300SX 83/75 with .91a/r T4 twin scroll turbine housing, a Garrett GT3582R with an ATP 1.06a/r T4 twin scroll housing, and a stock Series2 R33 turbo :)

post-11136-0-55181000-1317681854_thumb.jpg

post-11136-0-22482100-1317681880_thumb.jpg

post-11136-0-14071100-1317681888_thumb.jpg

Pretty sure I have mentioned these before in regards to being an ideal affordable turbo when the Kandofandom was getting hysterical and it wasn't really heard. I unfortunately have no results to directly share but they are well documented on various international forums.. I would happily run one :) The only thing to bare in mind with the S300s is they are physically quite large.

The S372 is a big bugger, I cbf checking but would guess the S366 to be 8875 equivalent.

The 83/75 should be Gt3582r like in performance, on an RB25 if you are looking at results typical of folks here I would look at the S256.

Yeah I remember them being mentioned, just never realized they were so cheap.

The big ft Snoarer has a big fat engine bay, so physical size isnt an issue...and besideds, we all know huge big turbos are cool ;)

Was looking at results on the 83-75 on 2JZ's and was really impressed. so even taking in 500cc less engine in my case it should be resonable, and very much similar to GT35Rs on RB25's

Also having seen Anna's (T04Daves gf's) car in action at wakie when it had a modified T04Z on a 25 it was a missle.

I have had a look at the S256. But if I do end up rebuilding the engine it will be a stroker 2JZ bottom end. So im thinking towards the future (as we all do)

ok guys. just ran up annas car,

9179 .91 twin entry, 6boost twin 44's

rb25, greddy plenum q45 tb 252 pon cam, type a tomie springs.splitfire coils haltech e11v2

25lb on 98 made 360rwkw. needs a cdi. could not get a smooth run out of it, had to gap plugs to 0.5mm also ignition timing not relly done yet. 10 degrees advance up top. was making roughly 10kw every 2 lbs boost.

had some major surge ramping up till i turned the gain down on the boost controller. having the run start a 3k.

all on by 4500. then it melts the tyres off...

need to heat wrap dump pipe, teflon wastgate hoses needed, and need to make a power steering belt guide for the pump pulley. any limmiter it chucks the belt off. (ross tuffbond balancer)

if i had a choice now i would be getting the 8875. but compared to the t04z the 9179 has heaps more power coming onto boost. seems more torquey