Exhaust

- GZY Catless 3" Downpipes with Ceramic Coating by HPC

- Cobb Catted Midpipe 3"-3.5"

- GZY Titanium 3.5" Exhaust with Garage Active Ti 130mm tips

Fueling

- Deatschwerks 950CC Injectors

- HKS Fuel Pumps

- Cobb Tune by Willall Racing

Martin's techs installed my injectors, fuel pumps and the turbo inlet pipes which ive been told caused alot of skinned knuckles - Martin it was well worth it for the extra turbo spool noise alone

I was nervous changing injectors would cause the car to idle or run differently, but thankfully it feels just like stock. Even the E85 shows absolutely no difference in daily driveability, apart from a split second longer to kick over on cold start

The power difference with E85 is alot more noticeable than i predicted. My only complaint is the fuel consumption, though i was expecting it - driving back i was down to just over 1/4 tank @ 280kms, and that's cruise control hwy kms. So i top'd it up with 98 Ron, switched the map over, and got back on the hwy. On my regular daily commute ill be lucky to get 280kms out of a full tank, so i won't be using E85 every fill up.

I'd like to shout a huge thanks to Martin for spending the time to walk me through the whole dyno tuning process, was a real buzz to see the car on the dyno and watch the power numbers climb

Also a big thanks to his techs for the quality work performed - there were no extra scratches or interior trim scars, my car was returned just as i dropped it off, which earns them a major kudos from me

I only have the dyno graphs in hardcopy, hopefully Martin will chime in with his copies

Willall Racing is a SAU:SA club sponser for a reason: they stand by their work & are passionate about being involved within the motorsport community.

Glad you are a happy chappy. You could scan or photograph the dyno graphs & post them up.

Long term goal for me (6years time perhaps) is to own an pre-loved R35. One day.

Got to start from scratch again, unfortunately. Disability pension, divorce, selling house, starting Medical Science radiation therapy next year at Uni and if successful after the 4yr course (included 48weeks of clinical placements over the 3rd & 4th years) I can hopefully get a decent job in the SA Health system as a diagnostic imaging tech, get back into home ownership (started 1st house purchase prior to my 19th birthday but everything went to the shitters once I multiple surgeries). If I can do this course then I definately want to reward myself with a blue R35 :)

Wow thats a very nice power band and good torque as well. Just a quick question regarding the tune, obviously theres two maps so you could switch between 98 or e85 but reading what you said you've topped up with e85 prior to emptying the 98. So would that mean you have an e85 sensor in conjunction with the tune?

yes atm I have 2 maps stored in my ecu, e85 and 98 ron, switchable in real time inside the car without needing to have the Cobb plugged in

there is no sensor like a bio fuel commodore. From what i understand Willall's tune has a safety margin in it to allow down to e70, so going from 98 to e85 you would want to get the tank down to under 1/4 - I'll go one step further and get it right down till the fuel light is on and/or the distance to empty reads zero as my local e85 caltex is only 3km away

on the flipside, since the 98tune is making less power, I don't believe you have to be so fussy with getting the fuel level right down when switching from e85 back to 98

If I don't end up using e85 that often, ill most likely buy a drum of it and fill up myself to guarantee better quality/consistency than what's in the caltex bowser

Edited by domino_z

yes atm I have 2 maps stored in my ecu, e85 and 98 ron, switchable in real time inside the car without needing to have the Cobb plugged in

there is no sensor like a bio fuel commodore. From what i understand Willall's tune has a safety margin in it to allow down to e70, so going from 98 to e85 you would want to get the tank down to under 1/4 - I'll go one step further and get it right down till the fuel light is on and/or the distance to empty reads zero as my local e85 caltex is only 3km away

on the flipside, since the 98tune is making less power, I don't believe you have to be so fussy with getting the fuel level right down when switching from e85 back to 98

If I don't end up using e85 that often, ill most likely buy a drum of it and fill up myself to guarantee better quality/consistency than what's in the caltex bowser

very very nice...

Martin has just sent me some 950cc injectors...Ive ordered the HKS fuel pumps today...cant wait to get E85 in the tank

im not sure tbh

there's too many back door sponsored members/vendors on nagtroc peddling certain brands/products to deduce any real feedback

Martin confirmed the HKS pumps were a super easy fit, so id just grab them off rhdjapan, 5 day delivery, and you're done

Edited by domino_z

been doing the dd for a week now on 98 Ron with no driveability issues

the only change is a slight hunting on idle in neutral by about 100-200rpm, which im assuming is because of the larger injectors

i have uploaded the distance to empty fix and it seems about as accurate as it was with oem - that is reading 40km distance to empty than just going straight to -----

ill fill up with the local caltex e85 next week and see how that goes

for anyone interested, here is a quick datalog using my Cobb on a second gear pull from just off idle on E85

zero knock - a credit to Willall's tuning

that looks awesome,

congrats mate!

................... planning to go down that route sometime next year!