SAU Community

split standard blocks

GTS500

Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone had split a stadard rb26 block,at what horse power and were?Just how good are the standard blocks and are the n1 blocks prone to breaking as well?

Thanks in advance for any help or imformation on the subject.

I have been told of cars making in excess of 1800rwhp on the standard block all day everyday (although not from a real great source) I was under the impression that the N1 blocks were no different than the standard RB26 blocks except for different sump baffling.

Thats interesting,i know the n1 has slightly different oil flow through the block and no oil by pass valve in the filter area but was wondering about block strenght and metal make up v's standard?Does it have casting seems in the water passages ,is there extra webbing on the block for strengh v's standard?

Must be water cooled and not resin filled running methonole

With the OS 3 liter block they reline the bores with bigger diameter + longer sleeves. As well as using a full stud kit. By using the machined sleeves you get around the weak casting issues, but can bring some of their own problems (like shifting bores).

And for the budget conscience (like myself) there is concrete. And donuts.

AV gas or C-16 one of the 2, and big boost, around 2 bar. The owner of the car cringes each time it runs on the dyno. Waiting for a bang i guess, this car is a street monster, from memory the best its acheived is a 10.5@140ish mph. Big hp figure claims coming fro the purple r33 gtr "IWIN" from Sub zero also, that will be one to watch out for.