SAU Community

Shocks And Springs Help

my car is practically sitting on the ground. on has about 2 inches of clearance and its totally undriveable here in canada. the springs have been cut and i took the specs to my local auto store here and the couldnt confidently find a replacement.

does anyone know what springs options i have. i dont want to go original ride height so something with shorter than stock.

also what shock options, i found monroe, kyb and gab shocks a while back but lost the links to the specs. can anyone provide me with links please

finally what are my upgrade options, i know h31 are a bolt on fit for the front but what about the rear? any other modern nissan suspension that would fit with minimal work?

thanks

S13 rear coilovers fit

Either drill body to 2 bolt or get tops changed to 3 bolt and ur in.

I have a full S13 coilover setup in my car now

Edited by Socrates

Yerp they fit, you have to take the plate off that the standard R30 strut bolts onto (which sits ontop of the lower control arm) and thats about it...

They have Pedders in the states its a little closer, i can have a look tomorrow for spring part numbers if you would like? that's if you retain your standard shocks.. r31 is live axle in most non import cases so unlikely to fit in the rear, plus its still macpherson strut in the front so no real upgrade at all.

other wise yeah s13 stuff can be made to fit but it needs to be coilovers as the standard s13 coil will contact the body

here is a conversion to s13 on a r30 if it helps

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15070

scroll down

ps if you have the money to spend its worth every cent

Marc

ok so it looks like S13 coilovers for the rear are the way to go just the small task of making an adapter.

but what about the front? in this thread the guy made s13's fit the front but this was with some fab work

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=readersrides&action=display&thread=86708&page=1

any way to get s13 coilovers to fit by modifying with off the shelf parts? anyone had first hand experience with this?

S13 rear coilovers fit

Either drill body to 2 bolt or get tops changed to 3 bolt and ur in.

I have a full S13 coilover setup in my car now

1. dont drill! just change the tops :-)

2. how did you do the fronts??? im still waiting on slack mates to take shit to fabrication for me. fml lol

I dont know about S13 rear but if you can get a Series 2 280ZX thee whole rear end bolts in to C210 i'm told.

If you're lucky you can get a R200 LSD diff with it as well

yeah i got drums at the rear so guess im stuck with them for the time being. getting close to making a decision now, talking to my local fab guy he said he can have some custom s13 arms up front made to make the coilovers fit and fab up the adapters for the rear, price plus install around $600.

now trying to make a decision on coilovers i think the best ones are the Apexi exv N1 coilovers for the s13. spring rates are 6 and 8kg, anyone got a car with this kind of spring rate, hows stiff is the ride? i'm want it mainly for.a daily driver.

The 280zx conversion works an absolute treat. I have the entire 280zx rear end in my C210 - including disk brake conversion and rear sway bar.

Avoid the Pedders Red rear lowering springs. I have them in my car and they are way too low. The car sits on the bump stops and half the rear wheel is hidden up under the guard somewhere. Pedders Red front springs are about spot on though.

yeah i got drums at the rear so guess im stuck with them for the time being. getting close to making a decision now, talking to my local fab guy he said he can have some custom s13 arms up front made to make the coilovers fit and fab up the adapters for the rear, price plus install around $600.

now trying to make a decision on coilovers i think the best ones are the Apexi exv N1 coilovers for the s13. spring rates are 6 and 8kg, anyone got a car with this kind of spring rate, hows stiff is the ride? i'm want it mainly for.a daily driver.

for the rear: you can just take the datsun tops off the standard shock and replace them with the s13 ones.

coilovers are gunna be stiff. that's just the way it is. i use coilovers in my daily driver and i dont mind it. it's up to how much you can tolerate lol.

Remember due to S13 suspension setup, you make the front LCA to suit the Hub not the coilover, as the coilover doesn't connect to the LCA.

That's one of 2 ways u can do it, or you weld the bottom of the coilover the spindle hub.

What Silent Shadow i think is trying to say is, use the standard rear strut tops and put them on the coilover. In my experience this did not work with my HSD coilovers.

I run 8 & 6kg spring rates in my car, and coming from standard springs, yes it is harsher but is a huge upgrade on cornering.

yup that is what i meant cheers. in my experience, that did work with my HSD coilovers lol.

another thing you could try is see if R32 rear tops fit. that would be a lot neater and probably better quality too.

Cheers, I'll try the r32 tops easy to find here.

I just ordered a set of these bad boys

Apexi S1 Coilovers

apexi_s1_s13.jpg

Feels like I'm getting closer to getting this thing on the road!!

• 2 weeks later...