SAU Community

Saab Feels Lke Its Not Performing As It Should

Hi guys. I have a saab 900s 4cyl 2.3L and am just wondering why it does not feel as good as other 4cyl cars. I have driven a 1.8l holden 4 cyl, 1.8l (I forgot exactly wot L it is, but I think it was 1.8) honda civic, and both cars simply felt more powerful and I dont know why. My car has a pod filter with cai pipe. Cannon muffler, and I also checked to see if there was any power losing slack in the throttle body cable which there was not. What I want to know is, how come these 'less powerful' cars are more powerful? am I missing something? Or is it just that a saab is not built to put the power straight to the wheels?

Thanks alot guys.

Has it been serviced properly?

Mum had a Saab. Good engine, awesome heated seats.

Rest of it was crap...

haha honestly it is a crap car :( it keeps falling apart, one day its a broken wheel bearing and flange, the next weeks its a $580 radiator replacement. its ok, OK for a 97 SAAB :P but still, the power wuld be nice :( you know, the power it has none of...

haha honestly it is a crap car :( it keeps falling apart, one day its a broken wheel bearing and flange, the next weeks its a $580 radiator replacement. its ok, OK for a 97 SAAB :P but still, the power wuld be nice :( you know, the power it has none of...

y u no use ebay?

Probably got loads of kms eh. Saab NA engines are teh ghey..

hahaha you said flange!

The saab motors run pretty low boost 5-7psi,....maybe look into a cheap boost controller and dyno run to make sure it all is safe.

BTW nothing wrong with saabs, the less GM (ie earlier) the better. Our old convertible did oran park in under 1m.

hahaha you said flange!

The saab motors run pretty low boost 5-7psi,....maybe look into a cheap boost controller and dyno run to make sure it all is safe.

BTW nothing wrong with saabs, the less GM (ie earlier) the better. Our old convertible did oran park in under 1m.

He's got a non turbo Saab! rofl.gif

turned.gif

Ye its non turbo. the car has only done a bit mroe then 118000 kms, so fairly good for the car it is. I dont think I will bother with a dyno etc as I have a ffamily friend who owns an importing dealership who is looking for another car for me as we speak, so I might not need the saab next 4 weeks etc. but thanks for the advice. And yes, i probasbly should of used ebay for the parts :(

Thanks.

I work for Adelaide Saab, the non turbo engines are not fast but their not bad either. For comparison I have a fully serviced 92 9000 manual 2.3 non turbo and it pulls well. Only worth $2000 but it's crises well with good power so theirs probably something wrong.

My dealership is doing $99 oil and filter change and full check up. Feel free to bring it in and they will tell you if something is wrong.

Or take mine for a drive to compare

I appreciate the offer, but im in Sydney, AND am a p plater, so cannot drive a turbo :( thanks. I do understand when you guys say it aint built for performance :P worth a check but haha.

I work for Adelaide Saab, the non turbo engines are not fast but their not bad either. For comparison I have a fully serviced 92 9000 manual 2.3 non turbo and it pulls well. Only worth $2000 but it's crises well with good power so theirs probably something wrong.

My dealership is doing $99 oil and filter change and full check up. Feel free to bring it in and they will tell you if something is wrong.

Or take mine for a drive to compare