SAU Community

Got An Ea Falcon... For Free

on saturday i picked up a manual ea falcon from a friend in town and took it home to start making it drivable. it was never my intention to fix it for my first car as that would be prtty much imposible since it got rust everywhere(except for the plastic bits :dry: ) so with some basic tools and a budget of $0 i tryed to make it drivable. the first turn of the key and it started, i was quite shocked since it haddent started in about a year and tried to put it in gear but there was no clutch. i inspected the cable and found that the firewall around the cable had been ripped out so i made a bracket to fix it and the clutch was perfect. then it was onto the radio, it was still the original one and it still works (and is for sale!) but it was not to my likeing so i took it out and put in an old radio i had lying around. i liked this radio as it has AUX in so i can connect my ipod :yes: . then it was on to the selector boot surround, it had no cover so it was time for a custom one. i designed, tried, re-designed, cut and fitted, it all turned out pretty good. i think the most eventful part was when i "attempted" to put a five year old sticker on the rear window, it was meant to read "looks like HEAVEN goes like HELL!!" but because of its age, the words "looks" and "goes" didnt stick so now it reads "like HEAVEN like HELL!!" but i think it suits my driving style :rofl: . i havent got any pics of it atm but will post some tomorrow if i remember/can find my camera.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone,

On saturday I picked up a manual ea falcon from a friend in town and took it home to start making it drivable. It was never my intention to fix it for my first car, as that would be pretty much impossible since it has got rust everywhere(except for the plastic bits :dry: )

So with some basic tools and a budget of $0 i tried to make it drivable. With the first turn of the key it started; I was quite shocked since it hadn't started in about a year, and when I tried to put it in gear, there was no clutch. I inspected the cable and found that the area of the firewall around the cable had been ripped out, so I made a bracket to fix it, and the clutch was then perfect.

And then it was on to the radio; it was still the original one and it still works (and is for sale!), but it was not to my liking, so I took it out and put in an old radio I had lying around. I liked this radio as it has AUX-in, so I can connect my ipod :yes: .

On to the selector boot surround; it had no cover, so it was time for a custom one. I designed, tried, re-designed, cut and fitted, and it all turned out pretty good. I think the most eventful part was when I "attempted" to put a five year old sticker on the rear window, it was meant to read "looks like HEAVEN goes like HELL!!" but because of its age, the words "looks" and "goes" didnt stick so now it reads "like HEAVEN like HELL!!", but I think it suits my driving style :rofl: .

I havent got any pics of it atm but will post some tomorrow if I remember/can find my camera.

edited for clarity. enter key is always everyone's friend.