SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

The Zero GTR guys are having a cruise tonight..

meeting at doncaster pancake parlour if you wanna go

Needa mention they're really bad at organising things. Haha.

Late, take few hours to decide where to go (Just texted them, still dunno where to go).

why does my car sound like a wrx at low rpms :mellow: went up the road thing's shaking badly...

spark plugs?

also noticed my cat's glowing... don't think that's happened before specially since i only had the car on for a couple of minutes

err help?

wants credit card details..

Edited by R-SPEC

Done all that... for some reason now it won't start and the fuel pump relay is going spastic. Worked flawlessly up until now. I've checked all fuses and wiring, seems ok. Rage must be blinding me or something

why does my car sound like a wrx at low rpms :mellow: went up the road thing's shaking badly...

spark plugs?

also noticed my cat's glowing... don't think that's happened before specially since i only had the car on for a couple of minutes

err help?

Sounds like coilpacks or spark plug - a cylinder or two isn't firing. Unburnt fuel going through the hot headers or turbo(?) is what's making the cat glow.

If it does it at idle, you can diagnose by running engine with bonnet open and pulling/replacing each coilpack individually until you find the one that makes no difference to the engine sound. Then when you find the faulty cylinder, swap it's coil pack to another cylinder and see if the problem moves to the new cylinder. If it does, then coilpack. If it doesn't, then loom or spark plug in the original cylinder will most likely be it.

went to look at a shop in ashburton after work, somehow ended up in lillydale and then kangaroo ground. lol

Sounds like coilpacks or spark plug - a cylinder or two isn't firing. Unburnt fuel going through the hot headers or turbo(?) is what's making the cat glow.

If it does it at idle, you can diagnose by running engine with bonnet open and pulling/replacing each coilpack individually until you find the one that makes no difference to the engine sound. Then when you find the faulty cylinder, swap it's coil pack to another cylinder and see if the problem moves to the new cylinder. If it does, then coilpack. If it doesn't, then loom or spark plug in the original cylinder will most likely be it.

could also be a blocked injector (which is what happened in the r32)

Will save a special spot for you in heaven.