SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Read up on it when I bought rays lightweight wheel nuts.. Apparently a saving of a few grams is multiplied a fair bit when it's unsprung..

My 18" TE's with 265's were still light as fuark

Gotta do what you can when you're a monster like yourself ey Dezz? Lol

Look up un-sprung weight..

Dezz, you get my PM?

no. just i reckon i might have them mate with a curb, and i wouldnt want to do that to real TE's

Shit driver, jk! :rofl:

powerfc / new coilovers / clutch / turbos

are the things im looking at right now

but i want everything! lol :P

I figured the previous owner would have done all that...

Fake wheels suck.

Each to their own. I wasn't going to put real Watanabes on a Cube. My Rota copies also weigh only 1Kg more than the genuine article and less than the stock steelies anyway.

People can roll on what ever (Genuine / Fake) just don't boast about it if they are fake.

Can I brag about my $1200 D1Rs lol? They are real!

Real/expensive lightweight wheels are what you put on a track car when you're trying to save every gram of weight from it because you've already done all you legally can to get power out of your engine. And 16kg is a LOT of weight to save on a track car, so then it's worth the $4k. I know people who remove useful bolts from their cars in an effort to save weight lol.

You also use real on the track because a lot of fakes or cheap wheels have balance issues at speed. Some, like my Lensos will shake/vibrate the wheel at 100km/h and there's nothing you can do to balance it...it's annoying but manageable on the street, so I'd go fakes every time, but that's me. Others will pay for a guarantee against these issues and it's not like they lose a huge deal of money on sought after pricey wheels.

I'm saying they suck because ones getting repaired because of a pissy little pot hole.

Shoulda paid a little more and got some quality rims.

My very real and rather expensive Advans got lunched by a pothole too...got nothing to do with cheap rims.

nah ash is selling TE's im pretty sure.

yeh because you bought ROTA pieces of shit

Rota/ varrstoens, same shit.

I'm not pissed cause they only cost me a grand but you wouldn't expect them to crack over such a mild pot hole.

Oh well. LMGT1s for the 32