SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

2 door is good excuse to watch dem struggle in mini-skirts.

and 2 door is harder to escape while car is moving, you know incase they do a runner.

That's what child safety locks are for on 4 doors

Keep in mind that Leigh's engine came with a factory 335 flywheel kw and the current HSVs have 325 in stock form. If Holden put out a blown V8 it'll be above the FPV power figure cause that's what those two companies do.

In the end what's gonna matter is displacement and power handling potential...if they use LS9, it's a supercharged 6.2L engine > supercharged 5 litre. Coyote is a great engine, but there's nothing particularly trick about it...all supercharged engines respond well to pulley upgrades and tunes.

It would be interesting to see the price though; if they spread across the range or save it for the GTS.

Gee fair whack on your first outlap.

Looked really slippery? Oil spill there previously?

Aaron. We barely half way through. If u come now. Still tonnes of food!<br /><br />And there is no guinnea cops now!!!!<br /><br />Good wine hurr too. <br /><br />We just doing stuff bit by bit.

Lol mad invite!

pVEka_bb_original.jpg

Come past one night brahz! Take me for a spin uleh

@ hamish, does the sous vide in the esky hold 59 degrees for the entire hour? or is there a temperature drop?

I'd normally prefer to sear after i sv though. so i'd be concerned about temp drop when i put in the meat.

Pretty sure HSV stated it won't be the LS9, and if it were yeah they're awesome but expect to pay 100k+ for the car lol

Also the ford modular engine is complex, much more than the pushrod single cam chevvy 6.2lts, I'm talking n/a vs n/a here 5lt vs 6.2 and 6.4 ftw

The 5.0 L (4951 cc, 302 cid)[12] "Coyote" V8 is the latest evolution of the Modular engine.[13] Ford engineers needed to design a V8, specifically for the Mustang GT, that would compete with the GM 6.2L LS3 used in the new Chevrolet Camaro, and the new Chrysler 6.4L Hemi ESF in the Charger and Challenger.

Edited by UNR33L

Keep in mind that Leigh's engine came with a factory 335 flywheel kw and the current HSVs have 325 in stock form. If Holden put out a blown V8 it'll be above the FPV power figure cause that's what those two companies do.

In the end what's gonna matter is displacement and power handling potential...if they use LS9, it's a supercharged 6.2L engine > supercharged 5 litre. Coyote is a great engine, but there's nothing particularly trick about it...all supercharged engines respond well to pulley upgrades and tunes.

It would be interesting to see the price though; if they spread across the range or save it for the GTS.

ford and holden both have to keep each-other in check with stock power figures, also the supercar scare shit will return if they go nuts.

Ls9 has displacement and that is all and with 1.2L still isn't as efficient uses more fuel and needs more mods to be on par with a 5.0 on same boost levels.

power handling potential? on stock blower 5.0 coyote many people have made 480-510rwkw stock engine zorst pulley intercooler tune e85 intake.

ls9 will need heads cam, zorst intake pulleys e85 larger heat ex-changer(internal plenum cooler and external radiator)

keep in mind here the 5.0 coyote has a 1.9l blower and the ls9 has a 2.3l

imo stupid debate anyway, FKN v8 MATE

@ hamish, does the sous vide in the esky hold 59 degrees for the entire hour? or is there a temperature drop?

I'd normally prefer to sear after i sv though. so i'd be concerned about temp drop when i put in the meat.

my esky drops approx .5 - 1 deg per hour so not really...

you can sear afterwards, works the same, as you are not putting enough cold meat in to drop the temp of all that water.

I have done both ways, however sealing first works better for sous vide as the flavour of the searing penetrates the meat.

even in professional kitchens with propper vaccuum sealers and circulators I seal the meat first

A-a-ron, have you purchased golf membership yet?

I'm truly sorry that I now have a merc. Hope it doesn't give you too much butthurt..

On another note, how's the GTR?