SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

friend of mine is counting down the days till her LSL. I'm not sure if it depends on industry or employer, but she is entitled to it at 7 years, but cant take it till 10years. Fingers crossed she quits 1 day past 7 years. I'll have to ask if its %-based

Its nice to know you're rewarded to long-time love. ...or unless you sign up for something like Co-invest and get long service regardless of employer but stay in construction industry... :ninja:

Usually if you quit before 7 years it won't be paid out.

If you're not actually owed anything by your employer, why would they pay you more? especially if you're leaving?

Sometimes you can negotiate a AL payout if you have a lot save up

Cashing out LSL

Long service leave cannot be 'cashed out': it is an offence under the LSL Act to give or receive payment instead of the employee actually taking the break from work.

http://www.business.vic.gov.au/operating-a-business/employing-and-managing-people/long-service-leave-entitlements#Topic8

The penalty for this offence is 20 penalty units for each of the employee and the employer. If an employer or employee is found guilty of this offence,

a criminal conviction may also be recorded.

Edit: One penalty unit is currently $140.84 from 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013... Same Penalty units that we use to calculate Traffic Infringement costs... thus the $141 / $281 fines etc...

Mates wanna go TGIF's tonight... Anyone had the ribs from TGIF's before? Do rate? Or should I just stick to the ultimate jd burger? I've only been once ages ago and that's what I had.

Sigh unhealthy eating. Feelsbatman. But also feelsgoodman.

Mates wanna go TGIF's tonight... Anyone had the ribs from TGIF's before? Do rate? Or should I just stick to the ultimate jd burger? I've only been once ages ago and that's what I had.

Sigh unhealthy eating. Feelsbatman. But also feelsgoodman.

i do like the jalapeno burger at tgis. ask for extra jalapenos or gtfo.

I wasn't a huge fan of the ribs last time I was there... It was 75% bone and the flavour wasn't in the meat, it was just slopped on top as a sauce. Not good enough for $40... I do quite enjoy ribs from Outback Jacks though :)

Ultimate Jack Daniels Burger or the Jalapenos Burger is always a safe bet :)

Sucks going with a big group of people (6+) because their kitchen staff don't know how to time manage the orders, so all but one person will end up with a cold meal... like FFS, its not a 5 star restaurant... I'd rather a hot meal that I can pick at until my mate gets his brought out instead of everyone having cold and soggy chips.

I wasn't a huge fan of the ribs last time I was there... It was 75% bone and the flavour wasn't in the meat, it was just slopped on top as a sauce. Not good enough for $40... I do quite enjoy ribs from Outback Jacks though :)

Ultimate Jack Daniels Burger or the Jalapenos Burger is always a safe bet :)

Sucks going with a big group of people (6+) because their kitchen staff don't know how to time manage the orders, so all but one person will end up with a cold meal... like FFS, its not a 5 star restaurant... I'd rather a hot meal that I can pick at until my mate gets his brought out instead of everyone having cold and soggy chips.

Why I stopped taking a chance of going there

yeah TGIF ribs are close to the worst I have had. (worst was my first attempt at them)

but that said I have been spoilt with some of the best:

brown sugar glaze made them perfect

IMG_0400.JPG

TGIF is really an on/off to reasonable eating, however last time I went few weeks ago for that American taste menu I was really happy with them, even the ribs had plenty of meat

Thanks boys for the reviews!

Ended up playing it safe, ultimate jd burger with an egg and pineapple , and got a rack of ribs to share. Ribs weren't bad, but would have been pretty disappointed had I spent $40 on it. Burger was aight, I'm still freaking full (that, and dessert, outrageous Fridays or something).