SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Gates timing belt, stock or bits if shoelaces?

i got gates, its a little nopisy when cold, sounds like an owl. but nissan said it was better when they fitted it.

I remember reading somewhere that there was one of the gates belts which was perhaps a bit noisier than nissan oem?

Also, brahs know what the go is with coilovers and rwc? To my understanding most coilovers are illegal (even raised to legal height) because they don't have 2/3 of the travel required or something along those lines? But in reality, if it's the correct height, are they really adamant on this?

I remember reading somewhere that there was one of the gates belts which was perhaps a bit noisier than nissan oem?

Also, brahs know what the go is with coilovers and rwc? To my understanding most coilovers are illegal (even raised to legal height) because they don't have 2/3 of the travel required or something along those lines? But in reality, if it's the correct height, are they really adamant on this?

i got the racing belt for that extra peice of mind.....

all height adjustable coilovers are illegal i believe. am i wrong?

i got the racing belt for that extra peice of mind.....

all height adjustable coilovers are illegal i believe. am i wrong?

Sort of...

There's are some approved coil overs, they need to be able to travel a certain distance in damper or something, they can't be too stiff. And they can't allow the car to go lower than legal limit..

Pedders do Aus legal adjustable coil overs

i bought a gates belt and racepace told me it would be pretty noisy and advised me to stick with a standard belt with HKS cams - might try out the gates though next time as noise wont really bother me that much i guess, just hate in-car squeaks and rattles!

Yup, must have been the Racing belt, then. When I did my major service, I just went with Nissan OEM though :D.

--------------

Re: Coilovers, that's pretty much in-line with my understanding, then. However, my question was (even with the new photos etc for RWC) if it's a big issue, provided it's sitting at legal height...

Have the car booked in for alignment etc at Traction tomorrow, but seems a bit of a waste if I'll have to take them out to get RWC anytime soon... that's all...