SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Organic clutch? It's not nice to it but it gets you away with minimal wheel spin, revs up to 4-5k and slip the shit out of it though first til about 4k then let it fully grip and shift the rest as normal.

Keeps engine in a decent torque region and isn't a huge sudden wheel spin inducing shock like a clutch dump.

evos not enough torque to torque steer

insert trollface.jpg

this, they dont make much torque (dat 2L 4 banger lyf) but make up for it with short ass gearing.

a stock one has like 300nm, standard modded ones with an upgraded turbo do ~450nm or so

Organic clutch? It's not nice to it but it gets you away with minimal wheel spin, revs up to 4-5k and slip the shit out of it though first til about 4k then let it fully grip and shift the rest as normal.

Keeps engine in a decent torque region and isn't a huge sudden wheel spin inducing shock like a clutch dump.

lol nope. My wheels skip even just trying to drive off at the lights. dat 4-puck clutch plus +100NM @ 2,000rpm in FWD.

i got the kinugawa kit, has worked flawlessly so far.

Noice. Cheapest I see on fleabay is $65 +$30 shipping, though? Kinugawa web I see it for $45 (USD presumably) without shipping. But still relatively cheap, and have read that they are sweet for the purpose as you say (their turbos on the otherhand... lolz)

lol nope. My wheels skip even just trying to drive off at the lights. dat 4-puck clutch plus +100NM @ 2,000rpm in FWD.

:(

the emo launches hard if you do that, as soon as you start slipping the clutch you can hear the turbo start spooling and you are off.

6k clutch dumps are just too violent on the driveline personally, id rather replace a clutch than a gearbox, diff or transfer case.

Noice. Cheapest I see on fleabay is $65 +$30 shipping, though? Kinugawa web I see it for $45 (USD presumably) without shipping. But still relatively cheap, and have read that they are sweet for the purpose as you say (their turbos on the otherhand... lolz)

i got it from ebay, what ever the price was at the time, fast postage and the kit comes with everything required.

their turbos dont seem to be that bad for skylines, for the emos you pretty much want to stick to the high flow stock ones unless chasing big KW numbers as nothing else gives as good response/driving feel.