SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

He should have a say, the problem is he appears to be uneducated and we are talking about holding a seat in parliament not overseeing the grill on a Sunday BBQ. Unless the limited info I have seen is deceiving he is going to get eaten alive.

Agreed. I posted an extended version of this here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/398897-anyone-want-to-discuss-the-state-of-federal-politics-atm/page-44#entry7012434

Good thread for lulz that one. It's mostly shitfights between Labor and Liberal partisans, with me trolling the one eyed unionists. Good political discussion now and then.

My mine site is union free and is the most pro-safety workplace I've ever been.

Companies don't implement safety because of unions, its because they will get shut down by government/work safe if anyone gets injured.

Companies aren't pressured by unions for safe work practices, its because they know the consequences.

Small companies take risks because they don't know the consequences...

I reckon union plays the safe scare tactic to rally people and get union memberships. After all they are a business and have jobs to preserve...

That's my view only on safety & union only. Can't comment on other things unions do.

This is truth. Safety also looks bad in the news, and disruptions look bad too *cough* power outages.

Only thing i'd add to that is unions common tactic is to try to 'negotiate' ridiculous shit in order to make proper claims appear more acceptable. I've seen the ETU try to negotiate with a large company to get them to pay employees in cash, word.

Speaking of power outages, there were over 150 calls to 000 when the power went out yesterday. who the f**k calls the emergency services? morons.

I'm with pat have no issue with unions and safety etc. however the demands they make are often ridiculous and rights that the rest of us don't get.

Strike at the desal plant because they wanted to 'sack' 100 electricians they no longer had work for them to do.. Or sitting in the brew hut all day because they'd get rained on walking from brew hut to the indoor location they were working in? Sorry mate I get rained on walking to my office I don't sit in the car refuse to work and get paid while i do nothing.

Note we aren't talking about working in the rain merely walking through a bit of water.

Same shit happened at west gate hence that walkway made of linked up shipping containers as heaven forbid a drop of rain should fall on their shoulders.

If you think that's fair well shit that should apply to everybody not just trades, seems only to apply on commercial sites too domestic just get on with it most times. shame no work would ever get done but hey workers rights?

I can't see how a union/government can tell a business who they can and can't sack those holden workers I'm sorry deserve nothing more than the standard annual leave etc. Most of us here get sacked would get the standard entitlements and that's it if your position is no longer viable. No big payout and government funded training

Edited by alr33x

yeah the rain thing is absurd. Most of us (even some of the union members) hate working on union controlled sites because they kick and scream and make life difficult.

Curiouso: what happens if you pay off your credit card, then you get refunded money? does it add to the "current balance" and just sit there?

:verymad: getting impatient as im owed quite a sum of money and has been accruing interest

cant link @ work but its just called "Shit cut in half"

If you paid off credit card and then its in the positive you should be able to get that money paid out?

dont quote me never had a credit card but its your money at the end of the day, they cant keep it.

You can have a credit balance with no issues. You won't earn interest on that cash though.

If the card is in debit and you are waiting for the cash to be deposited you will be charged interest on the debit balance.

yeah i dunno how the interest thing is gonna work out... i just sent them a print screen of the statements transactions and the interest values and leave it to them to sort it out.

2 days till my camshafts are supposed to be completed. + delivery from Japan... hopefully the end of the week. looking forward to some JUN idle

Does anyone have a drivers side R33 window switch for sale I can pick up this weekend? I need it for pits, getting desperate :(

you need to get onto spares places that have a few... there are like 11ty billion different ones they used, when mine broke i had to try like 15 before one actually worked in my car (was one of the first build of 33's)