SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Fixed my wind deflectors today. The clip closest to the front quarter panel came off and the tape was dry, so when I was on the Westgate freeway doing 100km half of the wind deflector came off (looking like it was going to fly away). Lucky it managed to stay together.

Had to completely remove the double sided tape (bitch of a job, still couldn't get 100% of it off) and put new tape down. Also adjusted the clips so now it's completely secure ;)

Are you free this weekend? We are doing Go Karts at Ace Karts starting at 10am :)

have one of mine keeps coming off...always looks like going to lose it but never falls right off...

what sort of tape you use...I've tried a couple that didnt last very long at all before it come off again...

have one of mine keeps coming off...always looks like going to lose it but never falls right off...

what sort of tape you use...I've tried a couple that didnt last very long at all before it come off again...

I used this tape:

http://www.autobarn.com.au/drive-double-sided-tape-1-2in-x-5m-dst512

You'll need to clean both the wind deflector and the window rubber properly with some wax and grease remover (or similar) to remove as many traces of the old tape as you can. Make sure the clips are also bent in quite tightly for a flush / secure fit. The tape isn't as strong as the original, but doing those steps will make it stay on pretty securely. How the clips are secured is also a crucial part to how well it will stay on in the future.

I used this tape:

http://www.autobarn.com.au/drive-double-sided-tape-1-2in-x-5m-dst512

You'll need to clean both the wind deflector and the window rubber properly with some wax and grease remover (or similar) to remove as many traces of the old tape as y

ou can. Make sure the clips are also bent in quite tightly for a flush / secure fit. The tape isn't as strong as the original, but doing those steps will make it stay on pretty securely. How the clips are secured is also a crucial part to how well it will stay on in the future.

oh..mine doesnt have clips, just tape...and yeah i cleaned it down with WnG ....tried some tape form bunnings this time, was like 10$ for a metre and meant to be full weather proof...looks like its peeling up already though

oh..mine doesnt have clips, just tape...and yeah i cleaned it down with WnG ....tried some tape form bunnings this time, was like 10$ for a metre and meant to be full weather proof...looks like its peeling up already though

Oh really? Is that the same for all R33's? The tape by itself isn't strong enough

its not my 33 its the wifes Honda....i pulled all unnecessary plastic crap off my 33 a long time ago and sold it

then I realised that those actually visors stop water coming in the window when I wash them..33 design fault :/

What episode Ric?

you're normally mah niggah, but at the moment you're not my niggah

George and some other guy were fighting over a parking space. It did not entertain me

I'm still your nigga doe

its not my 33 its the wifes Honda....i pulled all unnecessary plastic crap off my 33 a long time ago and sold it

then I realised that those actually visors stop water coming in the window when I wash them..33 design fault :/

Ha! Yes... I always angle the spray down when I'm pressure spraying the car, otherwise half the water ends up inside since the rubber moves under the spray :P

Should SAUVIC organise another GoCarts day?

Ha! Yes... I always angle the spray down when I'm pressure spraying the car, otherwise half the water ends up inside since the rubber moves under the spray :P

Should SAUVIC organise another GoCarts day?

nah i mena the window washers...when Im driving if i turn them on and the window is open a bit, it all runs in the window...same goes if its light rain...

And my window is nearly always open because no AC and dodgey nissan climate control system...

nah i mena the window washers...when Im driving if i turn them on and the window is open a bit, it all runs in the window...same goes if its light rain...

And my window is nearly always open because no AC and dodgey nissan climate control system...

Ahhhh ok... Most cars I've been in will throw some water in the window if you put on the sprayer jets and it pushes water to the side of the windscreen with the wipers... A bit more of a lip on the side of the windscreen would be marvelous though.

My issue is if there's water on the roof, after rain, or even overnight dew. As soon as I turn right for the first time, I get half a litre of water coming in my window from above and landing on my arm/door/electric window controls.

Good location thats all i need to know

Wanted to stay at Orchard rd area but a bit exy

One day I'l stay at the Marina Bay sands when I'm a high roller

marina-bay-sands.jpg

Are people allowed to go into that hotel up to the top for fun? Or you need to be a guest/pay etc..?

There is the tourist way to the roof which you have to pay.

Or

You dress sharp and go to the lifts and talk your way into the rooftop bar. Free entry & a nice view.

edit: confirmed couple pages back, mah bad.

Can anyone tell me how/why the two different styles of tail light assembly on the 34 differ? Are they from different series of cars (i.e. a body update)? Or is the second pic shown below a set of after market lights?

Pics for reference

cp5656345285680229849.jpg?height=700&asp

cp5721313428783581197.jpg?height=700&asp

Top pic is coupe, bottom pic is sedan, as Martin said.

Coupe rear indicator location within the rings still one of my favorite things about my 34. Pity I rarely get to see it in action lol.