SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Dudes, when removing the throttle body, how important is it to replace the black gasket between it and the plenum? If it comes off undamaged is it good to go back in?

Would at the very least put a light spray of hylomar on either face just to be sure you've got a good seal. It's a metal gasket and it's designed to crush when it's first used so it will never seal quite so well as before.

• Like 1

that moment when your travel agent misses a decimal point and tries to over charge you 48K on a short trip..

sounds like when I registered the crown, lady thought it was 390000 dollars instead of yen and tried to charge me $16k in stamp duty, 4 times the cars purchase price lol

sounds like when I registered the crown, lady thought it was 390000 dollars instead of yen and tried to charge me $16k in stamp duty, 4 times the cars purchase price lol

ah the joy of Au public servant training.

I think I'm at about 5 weeks waiting for a manifold to get put on now, I am a patient man but fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I'm patient,,,but more than one day without a very good excuse I would be pulling car out.

Never ever changed or put anything on TB gasket....and i took it off heaps of times...never had an issue....never changed any of my Turbo gaskets either and changed turbos 5-6 times...or cam covers..infact Only gasket i ever changed was ex manifold..

just curious scotty,

how much to do a hard pipe for a sr20?

do you need car?

pm if easier.

I can make a tractor intake pretty cheap mate. :P

Would most likely need the car here, unless you are running a pod and send me some decent pics? Easier to bring the car down if possible, as that way I can be sure it all fits perfectly. Of course, that means you would have to be in the country at some point this year. ;)

Never ever changed or put anything on TB gasket....and i took it off heaps of times...never had an issue....never changed any of my Turbo gaskets either and changed turbos 5-6 times...or cam covers..infact Only gasket i ever changed was ex manifold..

Unless they are cracked, I reuse all gasket too. Hylomar is great though. The only gasket that stresses me is the T3 at the turbo entry, as they cop a hiding with exhaust heat.

Well... after a week they hadn't started yet, that was on Tuesday.. put it there because

a) Stao made a booking on my behalf

b) They'd actually put a brae manifold on before

c) It should be simple and relatively easy

I think I could have f***ed it up 18 times after work by now ;)